Epilogue: Comfort

Roxanne POV

After the events, I went to go and pick up my mother from the police station after Tom and Aria told them that an akuma framed her. We decided to get pizza to celebrate, although Tom said he just got a call from the hospital saying that his uncle woke up from his coma and wanted to see him.

Later at night, I decided to go to bed and get some sleep, but the images of my torture flashed in my head. I sat up and looked down at the whip marks on my arms, legs and stomach. A quiet sob escaped my lips.

"You've been through a lot. You need some time off. Don't be Hawkgirl until you're ready. Is that ok with you, Roxy?" My mother told me after Aria and I explained where I got the injuries from.

I told her that I will, since I'm not in the right mind to continue.

A tap on my window caused me to jolt. I relaxed when I saw Tom waving at me. I got up and opened the window. He entered the window and hugged me.

"Hey, Pretty Bird. You ok?" He asked.

"I just need some time of from being Hawkgirl. But, other than that, I'm ok." I said. 

After Tom swapped from his La Volpe suit into a pair of shorts and a undershirt, we lay on my bed, snuggling and enjoying each other's company.

"Hey, we all need a break. Just make sure it doesn't bite you in the butt." He said.

"Speaking from experience, Vixen?" I asked with a smirk.

Tom scoffed.

I laughed and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around my waist while I placed my hands on his shoulders. A moan escaped my lips as our kiss deepened. My arms snaked around Tom's neck.

A moment later, we pulled away and pressed our foreheads together.

"If it wasn't for your injuries, we could've gone further." Tom sighed.

"I know, but after what happened. I don't feel comfortable right now." I said.

"You want me to let you be? I can come back tomorrow night." He asked.

I shook my head and held him tightly.

"No. I want you here with me." I said.

Tom chuckled and snuggled in my bed.

"Fine by me. I'll stay with you, Pretty Bird. Until the morning." He replied and kissed my forehead.

Afterwards, we fell asleep, holding each other and enjoying each other's warmth.