Chapter 14: Hawkgirl kidnapped

Aria POV

After class, we never saw Roxanne ever since she went to the locker room, much to our confusion. We searched the whole school, even going as far as to ask the teachers about her whereabouts to no avail.

"Where is she? How long does it take to get something from the locker?" I sighed.

"Have you tried to phone her?" Owen asked.

Tommaso dialled her number and sighed in disappointment. 

"Voicemail. Weird." He said.

"Aria Smith. Please come to my office." The loud speaker called.

"Wonder what Mr Damocles wants?" Luka asked.

"One way to find out." I said and made my way to The Principal's office with the others following me. 

As soon as I entered, I saw Mr Damocles sitting at his desk. His hands clasped together and his face wrinkled with worry. 

"Did I do something wrong, sir?" I asked as I sat down on the chair.

"No, my dear. Someone found this phone lying on the floor near the locker room and gave it to me. I believe that it belongs to your sister, yes?" He said as he handed me a purple iPhone. As soon as I switched it on, I saw a picture of my sister, Mum, Dad and I standing in the park smiling without a care in the world. In front of the picture was a notification for a missed call.

"Yes, sir. Do you perhaps know where she is?" I asked.

Mr Damocles shook his head. I thanked Damocles and left the room, meeting up with the others. I quickly unlocked my sister's phone and saw a text saying:

We have your sister. If you want her, come to the Eiffel Tower at 6pm after school. If you call the police, you'll never see her again.

The Brotherhood

I gasped as I saw the text. Tears prickled my eyes. 

"Ari, are you ok?" Owen asked. 

"The Brotherhood's got Roxy and they're telling us to come to Eiffel Tower at 6pm after school." I said.

"My guess is that Darius and Dylan planned this." Tom said.

"In that case, we're going to the Tower." I said.

"Hold on, guys What if it's a trap?" Gloria asked.

We all looked at her in shock and disbelief.

"What do you mean?" Corrin asked.

"Think about it. They would want us to go there. They'll most likely ambush us." She said.

"It's a risk we're willing to make." I said, pocketing Roxanne's phone.

"I'm with Gloria on this one. Maybe we should be careful about this. The Brotherhood already know the identities of The French Miraculous Superhero Team. What if it's a bluff?" Luka suggested.

"Are you kidding? I doubt it's a bluff." Tom said.

"And this is my sister we're talking about! Of course they'd have her. It's most likely they already know she's Hawkgirl." I added.

"That's exactly what I'm talking about. They're using our alter egos against us. I say we wait it out." Luka said.

Shock and anger filled my head. Who does this guy think he is?

"So would you do the same for Marinette? Would you screw her over just to save your own skin?" I retorted.

"That's not what I-." Luka began, but I cut him off.

"No, you listen to me! Ever since you lost your Melody, you've become a shadow of your former self. Is it because you don't have Plaag or Sass at your side? That's why you're like this?" I demanded.

Luka scowled at me.

"I'm just saying that maybe we should just wait it out and see what happens. That's all I'm saying." He replied.

"That's a load of crap! I'm not just gonna stand by and let my girlfriend, Aria's big sister, get tortured just cause "we have to wait it out"!" Tom roared, grabbing Luka's collar.

Luka shoved him aside and crossed his arms.

"If you want to kill yourselves, be my guest. I'm out of here." He said and left.

"What's up with him?" Tom asked.

"Don't know." Gorino shrugged.

"Doesn't matter. We'll wait until 6pm and head to the Tower." I said.

Shapeshifter POV

As soon as I left the group, I quickly ran to the back of the school and shifted to my true form. I picked up the unconscious Luka and dragged him into the black van, shoving him inside.

"Good work. Now for the next step." Dylan said as he and Darius exited the van.

"See you at 6pm." Darius said and left.    

With their main members of the team not on speaking terms, it'll be easy for us to defeat them. Soon, the French Miraculous Superhero Team will be no more.