Chapter 12: More Questions than Answers

Luka POV

"And that's just about it." Tommaso concluded after he told us about what happened during his patrol. We were sitting on the benches outside the school during break.

"Weird. Why would Talia want to kill Mario? I thought those two are friends?" Zoe asked.

"Maybe they had a falling out before Mario was put into a coma." Juleka suggested.

"No way. They should just made up instead try to kill each other." Rose exclaimed.

"That's because it wasn't Talia. Her face shifted into various other faces. Including Marinette's." Tom said.

We all looked down at each other, wondering our next move. Apart from the sound of students chatting, silence filled the air.

"What did you do with the tooth?" I asked.

"Gave it to the police. They're doing a DNA Scan right now since the hospital cameras recorded just about everything." Tom replied.

"Which resulted our mother to be the prime suspect." Roxanne said, slumping in her seat.

"What?" Kagami gasped.

"Yeah, the DNA match stated that our mum tried to murder your uncle, Big Brother." Aria sighed, leaning on Owen.

"Damn. It's my fault. I shouldn't have given them the tooth. I feel so stupid." Tom groaned, covering his face.

"Don't. They would've found out anyway." Roxanne said.

"Now we got more questions than answers. Who's the person who's trying to split us up?" Kagami asked.

"Could be another on of the Brotherhood's tricks." Juleka said.

"Maybe. We won't know until then." Chloe said, fixing her hair.

We looked back and saw Darius and Marinette making out near the back of the school, much to  Chloe's disgust and my dismay.

"Ignore it." Zoe said.

"Gladly." Chloe said as she got up from the bench and walked towards the entrance with Sabrina following her. 

"I'll try too." I replied as I got up, only for Tom to clutch my shoulder.

"Don't do anything reckless." He said.

"Same with you." I replied and left.