Chapter 9: Revealed Pasts.

Gorino POV

As soon as I arrived at my house, I could hear the sounds of grunting and moaning coming from my mother's bedroom. Without a doubt, she's with her ex boyfriend and soon to be stepfather. With a disgusted sigh, I decided to go to Corrin's house. 

I tapped on his bedroom window. He saw me and opened the window, letting me in.

"Hey, Gio Gio. What's up?" He asked.

He wore a black tank top and matching shorts. I could see his biceps poking out from the top, causing me to blush and look away. I noticed that he has bandages on his torso and cheek.

"I didn't feel like going home. So, I came here." I said.

"Geez, dude. You didn't patch yourself up. Here, let me help you." He said as he lead me to a chair and started dressing my wounds with a first aid kit. I looked back and saw the concentration in his eyes.

"You're pretty good at this." I said.

"Yeah. My brother taught me when I was 5 years old. I even patched him up when he got into a bar fight. Long story." He said as he dabbed my bruised shoulder.

Suddenly, he noticed some faded scars on my arms and shoulder.

"What happened?" He asked as he took my hands.

"It happened a long time ago. Back then, I was bullied for being a tomgirl. And my mother would force me to take testosterone pills. My father was the only one who defended me. After my parents divorced, she started drinking and met up with her ex-boyfriend. And the two would drink, make out, abuse me. Well, you get the idea." I said, hugging myself and ignoring the tears dripping from my eyes.

"I'm sorry, man." Corrin said.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Yeah. Go ahead."

"Why did you defend me from Darius and his friends 2 months ago?" I asked.

Corrin looked away, blushing.

"Well, I guess I can understand how you feel being bullied for being different. I was bullied for being an orphan. My brother and uncle would always defend me. Years later, my uncle got falsely accused for stealing money from his boss and was sent to prison.  After we visited him for a few times, we heard he got stabbed and died from his injuries. So my brother worked in his place to support me. A lot of students bullied me because of that." He said and looked at me and took off his short blonde, revealing medium long blonde hair.

"You're a girl?" I gasped. 

"I was bullied for being into girly stuff. So I decided to wear boy's clothes to hide my gender. And I guess I saw myself in you." She added.

We both started blushing and looking away while our kwamis started gushing.

"Now kiss! You two like each other!" Ziggy shouted.

"Ziggy!" I gasped and covered my face, embarrassed.

"Wait?  Really?" Corrin asked.

I  nodded and peeked through my fingers. Corrin placed her hands on my cheeks and kissed me. Her lips felt soft and warm. After she pulled away, she blushed.

"I guess that means I like you too." She said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Our kwamis cheered until we told them to quiet down since my brother is asleep in the next room.

"Is it ok I stay here for the night?" I asked.

Corrin nodded and handed me a t-shirt and shorts to wear to bed. After saying goodnight to each other, we fell asleep holding onto each other.