Chapter 2

A lot happened after Loki was shot, I introduced Zach, Ash turned out to be Lillie's mate and Kyle hasn't been seen since.

Naturally we all forgave Katerina for burning down the pack house, she was their Luna after all. I spent the last week looking through the book, "The Fates" had given me, with Zach.

We knew we were blood tied and we knew we could feel each other's pain; physically or emotionally.

Sometimes I could feel Zach's pain during one of his night terrors. I could feel the burns, the fear, the torture but he refused to tell what happened in hell, with the devil.

I couldn't feel anything, I was numb and empty. I had felt so much grief, pain and loss but so had Zach and that weighed down on me too.

I watch him toss and turn next to me in bed. He yells and shouts in his sleep but I could never understand what he's saying.

I decide to relieve him from his nightmare and shake him awake.

"Zach", I put my hand on his forehand.

"Zach, wake up", I whisper.

He stops moving and let's out a deep breath. Opening his eyes, he gives me a weak smile, I return it. I've been smiling more since he came back, even if they're small, weak or fake.

"I hate sleeping", Zach mutters.

"Me too", I whisper.

We had taken residence in a hotel in Kilton due to the pack house still being rebuilt. I had mostly been avoiding Raymond and everybody else.

"What are you thinking about?", Zach whispers moving a piece of hair away from my face.

"Life", I shrug and hold his hand.

It's moments like these that I missed, simple and sweet. I'm not sure how long I would've lasted without this broad shouldered, brown eyed, hot bodied person. I needed him, like a drug, I was addicted too.

********
Comment Vote Follow