Chapter 16

We had just stopped our original pack house, Zach had been driving and he woke me up about 10 minutes ago.

"I haven't been back here since that day..", I couldn't speak of it without being emotional so I just left it at that. I got out of the car, picked up a few bags and made my way into what I once called home.

"I could hear Zach close behind me as I reached for the door handle, could I do it? Could I enter the place I tried so hard to forget?

Of course I can I thought stubbornly.

And with that thought I twisted to door handle and entered into a room full of memories. You know when you think you're strong but then something knocks you back down? Well that's how I felt when I entered our pack house.

I kneeled into the ground and stay like that, frozen like ice in winter. I couldn't move, I couldn't hear I just felt so empty.

I stared at the ground for a good 5 minutes before I sucked it up. I stood up, grabbed the bags and took them into Zach and I's old room.

When I entered the room I had an epiphany just like that.

"Oh my god.. I have to go", I thought out loud. I'm not sure whether Zach heard me or not but I knew he felt the epiphany I just had.

I run outside and grab some white flowers that had been planted years ago and now were thriving in the packs garden.

I sprint towards her house, I completely forgot that the council probably buried her. I can't believe I never visited my not-related-by-blood family.

I stop when I reach her grave, amongst many others.

"I'm sorry Emilia", I wipe my tears away and gently place one rose on her grave.

I kiss her gravestone and move to the next, shaking with tears.

Cassandra, Emilia's Mum.

"You loved me like a mother and for that I cannot repay you. Im so sorry", I whispered sobbing. I place a rose on her grave and carefully kiss her gravestone.

I move along to Jonathan, Emilia's Dad.

"You were the father that I longed for, thank you", I gently place a rose on his grave and kiss his gravestone.

Consolation is what I needed and it feels right to do this.

I then move to my real sisters grave, placed next to my mothers. Tegan.

"I didn't know you for very long and I'm sorry I couldn't save you", I wipe my eyes again and repeat the process of placing a rose on her grave and kissing her headstone.

I hear thunder crack above me and I know it's going to rain but I have to finish.

I move to Keegan's grave that was situated on the other side of our mothers grave.

"You were a good mate for Emilia. Keegan, I'm sorry", I whispered. By then I'd given up wiping my tears and just let them mix with the rain and my snot.

I went around to everyone's grave individually, including my birth mother's, and by then I was so emotionally drained.

I started swaying and I knew I was going to fall but I didn't care.

"Let me die", I say to no one in particular.

It was like slow motion, I started falling but I never reached the ground. I look up to scowl at whomever had caught me but instead I find myself smiling.

"You're not going to die, not on my watch", Zach whispers in my ear as he picks me up bridal style and carries me. I closed my eyes and was greeted by nightmares.