Chapter 12

I sat there stunned, I couldn't believe he did it. He stabbed my stomach and left me bleeding out on the floor. He didn't just shove a knife in me and walk away. He actually sliced my belly open and stabbed my womb.

I couldn't feel the pain, my nerves at some point must of shut out the pain. I was numb, the type of numbness that gets people worried.

I could see Zach fighting against the chains but they had doubled his chains since the last incident. He was screaming, yelling and crying. He was the definition of hysterical while I was the complete opposite and I think that scared him a little.

I couldn't move, I was unchained but I felt like the ground was hugging me pulling me towards it. I felt wet patches on my and realised that I was crying. The tears mixed with my blood and soaked my clothes.

I let out a sob and the another one and another. Until was sobbing uncontrollably on the cold concrete ground. I was shaking and the lump in my throat seemed to prevent me from breathing properly.

Is this what it felt like when you lose a child? When your own flesh and blood is no longer in this world. The baby wasn't even born yet, it hadn't even seen the light.

I hear snaps and cracks and I realise Zach is shifting. Im guessing out of pure rage or anger or shock. I didn't care if he shifted because it meant that he could get out of his chains.

I felt Zach's wolf cuddle up to me, comforting me. He felt warm and although we could probably escape if we wanted too, we didn't. I guess we were in too much pain, emotionally and physically.

Zach began licking my wounds, trying to heal them faster. At some point I must of fallen unconscious because I woke up to the sound of Zach sobbing again.

I'm not sure how he had clothes on but I didn't care, seeing him crying is one of the worst things. I reach out to him because I couldn't move, he sees and moves closer to me. We sit in the corner of the cell, holding each other.

I hated the silence that came when sitting in a prison. The deafening silence, the endless silence. The silence know to make a person go insanity. The silence that makes you wan to rip your hair out and scream.

We were in a cell of endless silence and I think that hurt most of all.