Chapter 5

I leaned up against Zach as we looked up at the Tower we had just stood atop of. Paris, the city of love. I had always wanted to visit but never did. I'm glad I'm here now.

Amongst the chatting, laughing, crying sounds of other people I hear a click. Like a bullet being loaded into the chamber of a gun. Sounded like a rifle.

Zach stiffens slightly and I know he heard it too. Without drawing attention to myself, I smile at Zach and scan the area.

I look up at him and see him doing the same as if he's checking out the view.

I hear the slight movement of the gun stand and I know they're aiming. Getting restless I scan the rooftops until I spot him.

With a black beanie on, black gloves and clothes, kneels a man holding a rifle Ponting straight at me.

We make eye contact and I glare at him. His finger twitches slightly before pulling the trigger.

Unlike all the other times a bullet has been fired at me, I'm prepared. I change me stance and wait for the bullet.

Of course I'm not waiting long before I have to catch the bullet before it hits me. In one smooth action I have the bullet between my forefinger and thumb.

I smirk at him and his eyes widen, like massive white dinner plates. I flick the bullet into the air and catch it again, smiling to myself.

Using all my strength I throw the bullet back at him, making it as fast as a bullet coming out of a gun.

It hits him between the eyes and he slumps forward with a thud.

"Remind me not to get on your bad side", Zach whispers into my ear. I chuckle and kiss his nose.

Satisfaction flows threw me, knowing Zach is okay and I was able to stop a bullet. I guess you could say I am faster than a bullet.