Chapter 8

It's not long after I've killed him when we hear the door opening.

"Mitch, I think you've done enough damage to whomever you're holding captive", A mans voice comes from the other side of the door.

Boy, he's in for a rude shock.

"I am not sorry but Mitch is now unavailable", I shout back to the still unknown man.

The guy doesn't reply but he steps in looking pretty darn confused. He looks at Zach, then at me and then at 'Mitch'. Confusion is spread across his face as he looks at my unbound legs and chains on the ground.

"Are you just slow or are you really that stupid?", Zach rolls his eyes and continues "He pissed her off, she broke the chains then used her legs to snap his neck therefore your friend is dead. Do you want me to spell it out for you?".

I tried to contain my laughter as Zach spoke to the guy in a child-like manner. I ended up snorting rather loudly and unlady like.

The guy snarled and his eyes blackened, he began shaking and I knew if he didn't keep his sh*t together he would shift. There wasn't enough room in this freezing tiny cell for a wolf.

He too must of realised and tried to calm down although Zach wasn't making it easy. He was calling out insults and laughing at his morbid humour. Remind me again how I got such an assh*le as a mate. He'd say something like 'your nose is too big for your face, can you smell your ass?'.

"Dude keep your sh*t together, there's not enough room for your wolf to go all hulk in this little as f*ck cell", I remind him and Zach bursts into laughter, again.

Eventually the guy stopped shaking and told us to go f*ck ourselves as he stormed out of the room. He slammed the cell door adding to his dramatic exit.

"You're feeling heartless, remorse, guilt but you seem to be numb to it all", Zach whispers quietly after a few moments of peaceful silence.

"I don't feel anything, I feel empty, numbness and if I had some sort of humanity I probably would feel a little remorseful, guilty and heartless. I can't let my feelings intervene with my judgement. I can't let my feelings decide what's right and what's wrong", I smile sadly.

"It's okay to feel, it proves that you're good and that you actually have a conscious", Zach gives me a grim look and I know we are both thinking the same thing.

My conscious practically dispersed after I thought Zach and my family died. I hadn't felt anything other than sadness and numbness since. When Zach came back I did start to feel a few things. Like when I realised I was pregnant I was filled with euphoria and fear. I was happy that I would have a child but I was scared of what could happen to it.