Chapter 15

"I thought you said 'a few weapons'. I bet the freaking army doesn't have this many weapons", Zach said incredulously. He picks up an assortment of knives and gestures to them.

I, of course, know how dangerous our enemy is so naturally I wanted to be prepared. I had about every type of weapon that could be useful under these circumstances.

I have knives, guns and protective gear all piled into the back of a car that I also stole. I'm sorry I forgot my credit card that is rotting away along with Emilia and her family so sue me for stealing.

"I just wanted to be as best prepared as possible" I gave Zach a 'duh' look and an exaggerated roll of the eyes. He narrows his eyes at me but says nothing.

I shut the back of the car and sigh with relief, at least I no longer have to steal anything.

I had parked us on the side of a deserted road in the middle of no where after having police chase us for stealing things. I had gunned the engine and zoomed away. I guess you could use the term 'I put then pedal to the metal' quite legitimately.

Now was the time to focus on getting to the cave and killing 'The Fates'.

"Hop in, I'll drive, you sleep and we'll swap in a few hours", I get into the drivers seat dreading the next 12 hours of driving.

Zach got into the back and fell asleep soon after. He looked so peaceful sleeping, like an angel, like nothing could ever go wrong. But for us there was always going to be an obstacle in the way.

There was always going to be bumps in our road because that's just the way we are. Nowhere was safe for us.

I watched the road thinking about how my life had changed so dramatically over the past 11 years.

I was an orphan, I had lost my second family, two packs, my mate died, my mate came back to life, I shifted into a wolf, I lost a baby, I've been held captive more times than I can count, I never finished school, I had killed numerous people and trouble always seems to find me. Now I was basically on my way to kill the strongest people in our galaxy.

I'm not sure why my life was so screwed up but someone out there must be watching over me, giving me strength. I was thankful for the fact that I had survived everything but sometimes I wish I had died. Then maybe everyone else would be okay.