Chapter 24- The Mages Guild

"Here we are, the Mages Guild!" the guard spat out nervously.

"Thanks for all your help." she replied giving her kindness smile in return.

He gasped and took some time before he continued. "I'll let the other guards know about who you are m'lady. If you find any of them stationed around the city and need our help we'll gladly provide assistance."

"Will they really know who I am if I do?"

"I... don't believe that'll be hard for them to do mam." that was all he said before taking off, at least that's what it seemed like he did. He suddenly came to a stop and turned around running over back to her. "O-oh! If you wish to visit the adventurer's guild after this, you can follow this path down to the end then take a left and keep going until you see a building with a large shield and a sword over its roof, that's the guild." once again he took before she could get a word in.

She blinked and remained in the silence for a bit, not quite sure what to make of his statement. It was quiet around this part. She looked around and only noticed a few people walking about, their eyes met with hers whenever she looked but nothing was out of the ordinary. Her eyes hovered over the mages guild and felt a bit of her excitement drain from her body. The building looked too ordinary, similar to the ones standing by its side, if it was not for the staff and hat overlay symbol it would have easily blended in with the others.

'Maybe I should have picked the adventurer's guild first.'

Since she was here, she might as well have a look.

The first thing she noticed as she entered the build was how dim it was inside. It was barely lit, only a few torches whose light was dwindling were aligned by each wall. A number of them were either completely off or the flames had just gone out.

Her eyes drifted to every corner of the room, it looked unkept and abandoned. The floors were uncleaned and had dark patches of black sut, likely from the torches coal not being properly dealt with after usage. The few tables around the establishment had layers of dust and looked flimpsy at best. Some of the walls showed signs of wear and a number of bookcases lined against the wall appeared ready do give out under the weight of a number of books whose frame equally looked torned and worn out. At the far end of the wall, a counter, with a small lamp placed over it with a few parchments of paper and a few trinkets and books she could not make heads or tail off. Needless to say, this place did not give off an impressive vibe. Yet something tingled her curiosity as she stepped in and looked all around.

'It's usually in such places were someone could find a sort of rare artifact maybe, or a unique spell or skill, isn't it?'

Perhaps her hopes were misplaced due to playing so many games, but either way she couldn't help but ponder what might be hidden in this seemingly unkept building.

She was dashed away from her thoughts when a figure from the roof jumped down. Was it not for her complete confidence that nothing could remotely hurt her currently her immediate reaction might have been to obliterate whatever or whoever that was.

Of course, it didn't take long to realize that this was a person.

"Buahaha, you who have pond-ahem-wandered into my guild, I see, I SEE! I sense a great calling, you are destined!"

It was a girl, probably about her age, in appearance, with large dark rim glasses with lenses that magnified her eyes making them appear much bigger than they actually were, dark bobby hair that was rounded at the ends, a black large witch's cap, a dark cape that covered up to her waist, pair of purple elbow high gloves, short purple dress that barely reached her knees and knee-high black boots.