Chapter 59- Looking

Nature had always been something Kami could stare and admire. Not solely because of some egotistical pride thing due to her being responsible for its creation, nothing so bland as that. In truth putting such a gift in every world with sentience was a way for them to also bask in its beauty and connect with the purity of its own, to say, nature. Albeit, the way it could become unruly and with it bring its own form of dangers was its own form of deviation from what she initially had in mind for it. Even with all its perfections it had thorns that made it an ugly abomination to what she truly had in mind for it all that time ago. Still, that little prickle on the side of the rose was nothing if you could admire it for what it mostly was.

Why was such a thought passing her mind at this moment?

Kami could feel the breeze as she flew through the canvas of greenery below. She was no more than a hand stretch away from being able to brush her fingertips against the tall grass. She flew close to the ground and fast so appeared like a blur to anyone who she would meet along the way, a strange shaped object that made its way alongside the road carved over the years of existence in which man had dominated this world.

She thought this but there had been no one so far along the way and unlike any onlooker, she could perfectly focus her vision and see anything and anyone with great detail.

Where was she going?

Well, this was a pretty easy answer.

Decided to stop and take a small unneeded break; she raised herself and dropped her feet atop the dirt road sliding off a few inches before coming to a stop. Her eyes darted further ahead but just as it had been for a while now, there was no one in sight.

She was taking note that traveling in this land was very uncommon. Although if you did it long enough perhaps you would stumble across a few people doing so but these were mostly either adventurer's or merchants of some sort.

Even back in the capital, there was very little movement outside its walls. Crops and such came from farmlands located near the city and were heavily guarded so their food wealth was vastly self-sustaining. Meat could generally be obtained for product a couple of way, hiring adventurers to hunt any of the local wild life or if you had the coin, ordering from outside sources, but that was mostly left to the nobles. The typical way was hunting and for a rich and luscious area with green and abundant life, this was practically cheap and easy. Water was a bit tricker, most sources in the capital were from a nearby river from what she knew.

Kami shook her head; this was only half the truth. Although adventurer's or merchants were the only type of people you would find in these roads there were certain roads made for specific purposes.

Like she mentioned, water was drawn from a nearby river. There were more developed roads made by the city itself in which more important cargo came in, this was where you would find a lot more movement. Things like water, ore deposits, large shipments of wood and such would make their way throughout the day. However, these roads were mostly only connected to certain locations of interest so they were not ideal for moving over vast areas whatsoever.

Thus, she came back to her original point.

She pulled a map out and stared at it silent for a good while before gently biting over the bottom of her lip.

The reason why she was this far out was to look for the small village the guild master had mentioned. It was still in her to do list to find that spider queen and so it was a perfect time to explore.

It got a little hard from here though, according to Solomon, the village was a little difficult to find, not only was it not connected to any main road or even these dirt ways but it was somewhere hidden off deep inside a forest.