Chapter 41- In the Presence of the Creator

The pressure of the air being ripped in half as Kami flew at a rate of speed beyond something a normal human was capable off. The force caused a loud whistling sound that pierced away at her ears. The sound didn't bother her though while she continued her way higher and higher into the air.

Eventually she came to a complete stop and starred down at the city, it was small from up here. This was the furthest she had ever flown in the air within the city parameters, it really put the scale of the world versus that of the small civilization below her. Around the walls that kept the humans safe from the outside, nothing but a sea of trees and small trails could be seen. It was in a word, beautiful.

She took a deep breath closing her eyes and letting the peaceful moment linger for a while longer. There was no sound up here other than the breezes' whisper. Closing her eyes and drowning herself in this atmosphere was alluring.

There was work to do though so it was only a momentary peace. Her fingers snapped and from thin air another figure appeared, one she knew from her few visits to the castle.

The masked man, had appeared from seemingly nothing and he appeared rather surprised. He began to fall at that same instant but he nonchalantly spoke up. "[Fly]."

Similarly, to Kami a glow of energy enveloped his person for a split second before he began to levitate.

It seems that this strange masked man was also something of a mage himself.

Y, as he was known, levitate back to the same level as Kami, already having noticed her presence since he began his fall. Despite the situation he was acted rather calm choosing to bow his head before her and speaking. "Ah, miss Kami, to what do I owe this...strange summoning."

"I figure we should talk, considering you sent those guards to arrest me, at best."

It was hard to read Y due to him hiding his face behind his mask but Kami assumed that he was thinking over what to say next.

"I am only a close advisor to the King, nothing more. The King is the one who sent that order forth, seems after some investigation they found ties between you and the god of calamity."

The God of Calamity, Yotsune, she had read about him in a tome somewhere in the mages guild. There was nothing descriptive about such a being, mostly things that tied him with some magical artifacts in the world but nothing personally written about who or what he was.

"You and I both know that's not true." she continued.

"Hmhmhm, it looks like you know more than you let on."

She had been doing a little bit of investigation over the past few weeks as well. Asking questions, following some leads, nothing too deep. Little information she found out was that Y was a recent comer to the kingdom, not many even knew who he was. This was perfectly normal when asking the common folk as they probably did not keep track of such things but when she had the free time to ask some of the nobles around that she had met at the party, their answer was similar.

Y had appeared from nowhere and become something akin to the right hand of the King, the nobles who shared some control over the land with the King were worried at first but their suspicions died of almost if by magic.

Looking into it further there were traces of some powerful magic at work, something she could barely notice as it seems it did not even affect her. It was hard to describe but the best word to put it was manipulation.

It was pretty obvious to her that this man had crawled his way into a high position and used magic to convince or manipulate those around him into security the post that he holds now. The only real question now was why?