Chapter 40- Visiting Hours

"-then he left, without another word."

Kami scooped at a half empty bottle of ice cream. She had knowledge that sweets like ice cream and chocolates usually helped people feel better when they were down but it was a whole different ball park actually going through it. Although the ice cream was a definite help, what really made her feel better was unloading on Hiromichi, who by all intents and purposes had no other option but to listen.

She sat on a chair across him, Hiromichi being behind a magical barrier locked in a cell. He sat on the ground with a drink in one hand and a wrapper on the other. He twisted and twirled the cup in his hand.

"What the hell is this thing made off...its so damn sweet and good...I hope it's not some monster meat again...ugh."

"Did you pay attention Hiromichi?"

"Huh? Yeah, yeah-" he placed the cup down to his side and cleared his throat. "-your lackeys ditched you again, haha!"

"You don't have to be so rude about it." Kami mumbled placing the spoon filled with ice cream between her lips.

"Haha, sure I do, shit you got me locked up and you think I aint gonna kick while you're down?"

"I already said I was sorry about that, besides you're the criminal here."

"Tch, don't be such a smartass I was just teasing."

Kami perked up and smiled while Hiromichi returned the gesture with a grin of his own.

For the last few weeks, as often as she could, Kami had been coming over and talking with Hiromichi. At first it was a bit hard but over the course of the last days they've gotten on relatively better terms. It was easier to talk to him than mostly others despite his rough attitude, at least he was more honest and objectively would point out things he disliked.

Hiromichi let out a loud sneer and shouted out. "Ah forget those assholes, their loss anyway! You don't need them for shit!"

Kami giggled and tilted her head. "Thanks."

"Tch, don't play cute, let's change the subject, probably do you some good to stop thinking about it. What are you planning to do then about the materials you were telling me about?"

That was a good question. It was not like they were needed for her to go off on her own and collect the materials she needed, in fact, it would be a lot faster on her own. She had been so caught up in experiencing humanity the last couple weeks that she forgot she was an all mighty powerful being.

"I think I'll go ahead and do it by myself."

"W-whoa you sure about that?" Hiromichi looked worried, his eyes darted from side to side. "I know you're crazy strong and shit but Spider Queen are no joke, last record of one was like a century ago, think it was somewhere off in the Elven Kingdom, they poked around one of them nests and they spend the next two years stopping its rampage, heard stories that they didn't even really kill it off just lured it underground and trapped it forever."

This was brand new information, if this monster was so difficult why would Solomon not have mentioned it or better yet, why would Vaaner not warn her when she was researching new clothing materials. It could be that he was as unaware about the threat level of a spider queen, but what about Solomon?

"Would a couple of rank 7 adventurers have made a difference then? Why didn't you tell me till now?"

"I figure they could serve as a nice distraction if things got rough and you needed to get away."

"You're saying I would put the nation in trouble though, why does no one tell me this?"

"Well, who the hell goes off looking for monsters that haven't been seen in ages?! What, you need a warning sign every time you do something stupid?!"