Chapter 16- Idle

Kami froze up as an overwhelming pressure crushed down on them. It was a powerful energy, something unlike anything she had felt while arriving in this universe.

"H-holy shit, what the hell is this?!" Hiromichi was looking up at the sky as if expecting something to come crashing down on them.

The others reaction was no different than his own. Their eyes were also full of shock and fear.

The ground beneath them quivered having no other outlet for the presence of this new energy overwhelming it. There was a rumble, a cracking of something echoing in the distance and then, normality. Just as quickly as the unknown pressure had come over them, it stopped like nothing had ever been there to begin with.

They stayed in their bewildered state for a while, unable to understand what just happened. Their eyes exchanged worried looks, but when nothing else happened, there was a breath of relief shared among them.

"It happened again." Asahi turned towards the others. "Second time."

"Second time?" Kami was curious what he meant by that. She had her own opinion as to what this powerful presence was, but she wanted to know what they thought it could be.

"Did you not sense it, a few days ago." Keishi whisked the staff to his side, the clear moment of panic still lingering over his face. "There was another powerful energy that crushed almost everyone in Tyr. No one knows what it was. It came over us out of the blue and disappeared just as quickly."

"Yes, although this time it felt a lot more bearable, the last wave knocked out almost every commoner in the city and left lower level adventurers feeling dizzy and sick." Asahi stepped in.

Kami thought back on when she had arrived. Her power was at full, no restrains when she had popped into this universe. It would not be the first time not restraining her power had caused those around to drown in the vast strength she held. Even in her infinite power, she tried to hold back when she lingered around others. Even having someone as powerful as Say next to her could easily go wrong if she was to let her power flow out without any control. Speaking of which, this pressure was familiar.

It was someone from Heaven, I can sense that. It felt like Say's energy, but there was another, it couldn't be-

"Tch, that kinda power only comes from the gods, think the war up there is ramping up. Heh, they're probably going all out right now." Hiromichi grinned at the thought of those divine deities going at each other's throats.

"I wonder... I have never felt the presence of the gods in such a direct manner. They've always been quaint when it comes to directly affecting Tyr."

"These gods, what exactly is going on? I'm not familiar with... the... history..." Kami's voice trailed off. The others gave her an unusual stare.

"Where are you from? I do not think there is anyone who has not heard of the gods before. Even kids know stories about them." Keishi responded.

"I'm...I was home schooled, like... don't go outside and talk to strangers until you die levels of...home school." Her response was made up on the spot, and by the looks of it, not a particularly good one.

"There are two factions of gods in existence. Celestia and the Abyss." Asahi was kind enough to simply answer the question.

Kami was grateful he was the soundest and less judgmental of the group.

"Celestia, is led by Goddess Iatra, and the Abyss by the God of Calamity, Yotsune. Both these factions seek complete control over the divine realm and the land of Tyr. Story goes that their war has been going on for millennia's now. Celestia currently is still as the overwhelming force over Tyr, most of the lands that are blessed are under their flag. A few align with the Abyss, and fewer are the ones that are neutral, or simply under the control of a factionless god."