Chapter 11- Taking on the Guardian I

Asahi, Marie, and Keishi closely followed Kami through the sea of trees. They glanced every so often at the large figure of Hiromichi being dragged by the collar across the ground by the smaller frame that was Kami's. Next to her Himari followed closely; she would turn and look at the three strangers every so often but quickly turn back.

Keishi rubbed his stomach as a sign of concern became visible in his face. "Is it strange that those monsters tasted delicious. I feel morally sick."

"There's nothing wrong with eating them, is there?" Marie questioned as she released a long exaggerated sigh.

"We have to focus; besides it was for the sake of survival." Asahi interrupted.

Even though they told themselves that they couldn't help feel a bit sick. The fact that the food had tasted delicious was perhaps even worse than if had tasted bad. The lingering sensation of the tender goblin meat and the wolf stew filled their mouths, and it made them that much more guilty knowing they had enjoyed every bite.

"I couldn't help but notice you didn't have anything to eat yourself Lady Kami." Asahi blurted out.

"Oh, I don't need to eat!"

They looked at each other for a bit.

"Do you mean you were full already?"

Kami simply turned her head, smiled and winked. "Sure~!"

Keishi cleared his throat and stumbled on his own words as he asked. "S-so where are you from? Y-you didn't really mention it while we talked back at the camp."

"It's complicated." Kami responded. "I'm foreign."

"Somewhere outside the continent? You look human, are there humans overseas? Only other place I've heard of on the maps is the Zenithal Dynasty."

"I've never been there." added Marie.

"Neither have I, it's hard to gain entrance to such a place, rumors have it they have some of the most powerful inhabitants in all of Tyr. More so, there's stories that their advancement in magic is far superior to anything we've seen." Asahi said. "For the most part they live in their own world and hardly interact with the rest of Tyr, they even live outside any gods influence."

Keishi looked shocked as he grasped tightly onto his staff. "Is that even possible? The gods wouldn't just leave a place like that outside their influence."

"I can't say for certain, their past is murky at best, there's not many records talking about them in history books." Asahi concluded.

"Well I'm not from there either! Further away, it would be hard to explain~." Kami finally got a word in.

Keishi thought for a second before mumbling under his breath. "The Glacial Region?"

They continued walking for a long while, they exchange a few more words before finally reaching another large clearing. There was nothing insight besides a clean patch of cut grass and the top of the trees on the other side of the clearing.

"Here we are!" Kami said hardly being able to contain her excitement.

Keishi was the first to speak out. "What exactly are we looking at?"

"Nothing." Kami turned over towards Hiromichi and gave his head a quick tap. "Wakey wakey Hiro~."

Hiromichi's eyes shot open. "W-what the hell?!" He looked around at everyone's face staring back. "Where the hell am I?! What happened to me?!"

"I'll explain later, we have some enemies to take care off."

"Enemies?" Asahi glanced around the wide clearing. "Are they hiding?"