Chapter 49-The Centaur

"Think I came across as a bad person?" Kami mumbled loudly into the empty cave.

"Certainly not, I would say tough, a leader by all right, a bit abrasive perhaps."

"T-thanks?"

"You're quite welcome!"

The cave was almost completely cleared out, even at this moment her wolves were running around getting rid of the last few monsters that remained. They had done quick work considering it was all taken care of in just under a few hours.

"Hey aren't you two forgetting about someone?" Jiro asked out loud.

Both of them turned to look at Jiro who looked awfully beaten down. Turns out the guards had chased him away for a while and in his pursuit to run away had gotten a bit roughened up when he stumbled onto crates and a few tents.

"I'm surprised you had such bad luck, isn't the point of your abilities that you can basically sweet talk your way through anything."

"I thought so too but for some reason my abilities didn't work. That's strange..." he grunted now drifting into his own thoughts.

"Kami out of curiosity, why did you make such a demand of that human?"

"Huh?"

"I would understand if this was a more pressing matter which someone else had to deal with. However, you being who you are and all, it appears to me that you could just as easily have all these people outside this dungeon by just batting your eyelids."

Kami sighed and tilted her head. "I know I can do that but it's not about just fixing everything by snapping my fingers. Humans have their own rules, this world has its own laws, nature follows principles when I'm not around. I just... want to follow that as much as possible."

"Experience humanity..."

"Yes, something like that!" she said with a high pitch voice.

"Very well then..."

Kami nodded and they continued to walk.

She was feeling strangely conflicted, not quite sure what to do and because of this indecisiveness her mood was all over the place. A big part of her was upset, saddened and feeling empty inside and yet a smaller yet equally important side was elated. It was true that hearing about Keishi having died and the others being broken down from it did slightly make her feel sad but that was not what had her in such a mixed state.

Kami shook her head firmly slapping her own cheeks lightly to snap herself back to normal. She tightened her eyelids and pressed her cheeks firmly until her cheeks were puckering and then, she let go.

Her eyes opened wide open and she grinned from ear to ear towards Say who was just watching her.

"I'm okay, really!"

"I... did not as-I'm glad to hear that."

"Are you planning to stick around Say?"

"I certainly am! Pardon my bluntness but I cannot afford to let you walk around by yourself like this. You may be all powerful but without me you might as well be a kid with a finger on a button."

"Sooo, you missed me?" she teased.

"Of course, I am overjoyed by being here, truthfully, I rather we return back home but being by your side is more important to me."

"Awww." she leaned in rubbing her head against his arm. "You've always had a way with words."

Say placed his face upon his hand and began breathing intensely. "Please, I might not be able to resist myself if you continue so."