Chapter 10- The Cursed Woods

"Great, just f'ing great..." Hiromichi mumbled. Over his shoulders he carried both of the young adventurers he had knocked out. He glanced over at Kami and groaned.

She was carrying the large shield man on her back while simultaneously dragging his shield across the ground with one hand. It didn't seem to be tiring her out, which left Hiromichi somewhat baffled.

"You're strange." Hiromichi let out without a care.

"Huh?"

"I said you're strange, I mean, I think you're mostly a pain in the ass, but you know I wasn't just taking a walk, right?"

Kami's eyes shuffled nervously for a few seconds of silence. "Yeah, I know."

"And you're kinda hard to read, you're a little bit of a freak, you were staring at me back there like you would kill me, now you can't even look at me in the eyes, haha!"

"Clearly I'm complex." Kami responded.

"Or just a psycho."

"Hey!"

They made their way back to the opening where they had camped along with the unconscious adventurers. Himari was still fast asleep with a small fire that hadn't been there before he had left.

Hiromichi put the two unconscious people down as if he was shaking off a bug that had landed on him.

"Careful with them Hiro."

"Whatever, they won't even know anyway."

Kami gently bend down and put down the large man next to his two partners. She glanced down and frowned at Hiromichi. "You hurt people again, can you at least restrain yourself from doing such things while I take you to Alzel?"

"I know you still don't seem to get it, but hurting others is kinda part of what I do. Besides it was these dumb asses that got in my way, I just wanted to run away."

Kami poked at Asahi's cheek. "He's out cold, wonder what they were doing out here?"

"Heh, adventurer's, since they came after me it's probably that they're after my bounty. Tough luck though I was just too good!"

"Wow you must be really unpopular."

"You goddam right I am! Looks like you're finally getting who exactly you managed to bag, don't forget I'm not just your average bad guy!"

Kami wrapped her hands behind her back and playfully swung her body back and forth. "It just sounds like you're a class A loner."

"Tch, says the one trying to befriend a criminal."

"I see your point, truce?"

"Yeah, whatever."

Kami inspected the unconscious adventurers for a while. They didn't look to be in pain, but they had a number of scoff marks and small wounds. The large man especially looked a bit more tattered; his armor was cracked in some places and his shoulder pieces looked slightly dented. She placed her hand over the man's armor while she crouched over him. "[Repair]"

The cracks on the armor began to disappear along with the dents, and in a matter of seconds it looked good as new. She raised her eyes and Hiromichi who was looking at everything she did closely.

"Well you repaired his shitty armor, not gonna do much good on waking them up is it?"

"I'm not done yet."

She got back on her feet and moved a few feet away from them. She raised her hands towards the three adventurers who laid on the ground. "[Heal]"