Chapter 2- Lost Child

"Fire's which ignite, forge through in the skies high above, leave no enemy alive through the scorching flames of my own design, [Flare Descend]!"

A large fiery crimson glyph glowed under Kami's feet growing with each word of the chant. Once the final words were mention a large torrential pillar of fire surrounding the area around her struck down from the sky landing on the small feral wolves in front of her.

There was only a second of yelping that were heard from them before their lives were taken away at the first tic of damage the ability dealt. The trees and forest around her shock from the force of the hit, burning the leaf's and grassy area within a visible area. The explosion had caused everything for about a mile worth to burn to ashes leaving behind nothing but flames and the ashes of what used to be fruitful nature.

The effect finally finished as she fell to her knees and covered her head.

[Status Bar]

Name: Kami

Level: 1

EXP: 36/50

Title: Goddess of All/Runaway Goddess

Class: -

Constitution: 500/500

Stamina: 500/500

Mana: 400/500

Strength: 500

Endurance: 500

Intelligence: 500

Dexterity: 500

Charisma: 500

Wisdom: 500

I thought the whole chant thing would feel a lot cooler, but I could just say 'Flame Descend' and make it faster. It made me feel a little embarrassed I hope no one was watching. Th-that was lame!

She glanced around nervously expecting a crew of people to pop out from behind the burned trees and start laughing at her. Of course, no one was here except her but even, so she felt the invisible eyes of the nonexistent people on her.

It's always so cool in anime and games I guess I couldn't come up with something to say. Also, that was 100 of my mana talk about a waste on just a small group of creatures.

She looked around the area for any signs of any more of these creatures but found herself surrounded by silence. The monsters must have been scared off after she had easily dispatched the small group.

Since she arrived, she had spent some time walking down the road admiring her surroundings. Quickly though, she realized she could be doing more as she headed towards the woods and looked for any of the monsters that tended to spawn in video games. It was a hard find but she had finally come across these small feral wolves and that is when she had decided to try casting a spell.

In most of her playthroughs with video games, if there was a choice to pick her class she tended to go with Mages. She thought their flashy nature of casting magic and using ancient languages or such to cast powerful abilities was amazing. In contrast, her least favorite tended to be warrior classes or straight swing and hack weapons. It was not that she would not play them but if she had a choice, mages were the way to go.

However, she just realized how awkward it is to yell out entire made up sentences. It was more than likely because she never produced anything to say that would sound decent.

One-word mage it is. On another note, it seems I can also come up with any skill on the spot and it'll be added to my list of skills, that's very convenient!