Tainted conscience...

& 11.04.2023

POV CHARA

Everything is going as planned. - I thought as I looked over to Sans.

He wasn't looking the happiest or fully sad. He seemed to not be here. I mean obviously, his body is here but he was absent. He was looking down not saying a word.

- Hey Sans? - I said trying to make him look at me.

- Hmm? - He grunted in response.

- How do you feel about me? - I asked. Sans finally looked at me.

- Hate, disgust, and concern. - He replied harshly.

- We will see how long it will stay that way - I replied putting on a smile.

- ...

POV SANS

She is truly acting really weird. First, she doesn't kill Paps then she makes me hold her hand... What is she planning? No way in hell she is serious about making me like her... right?

I looked at her, she was smiling I wouldn't call it unordinary for her but this smile... Something is different about it and I think I know what.

- After so many resets why do I see your true smile for the first time? - I asked curiously.

- Is it that obvious? The smile I mean. - She replied.

- It's rude to answer a question with a question. - I rolled my eyes over.

- Whatever comedian... Sans let me ask you once more. How do you feel about me? - She looked serious at me.

I thought about what to say. Chara even though she did all of those genocides... she can't be fully evil... right...? Was she always like this or maybe something happened that turned her into this megalomaniac...? I mean it's not like she was always going for genocide... I tried to answer my questions but no matter how hard I thought about them, the answer just wasn't appearing. I knew too little about her.

- To be honest, I don't know sorry. - I finally replied.

- ...

An awkward silence broke out between us. Seemed that this wasn't an answer Chara wanted but what else I could say? Even though she still hasn't killed me she might let it lose any moment and I will be a pile of dust. Better if I play it safe.

Suddenly Chara stopped holding my hand and started to speed up. - Chara wait, something happened? - I asked a little confused about the situation. I didn't get a reply so I asked once more - Hey, something happened? - As I was saying that I saw someone on the road ahead of us.

- Sans and a human!? Ha, you finally got to work "sentry"! - As it turns out it was Snowdrake.

- No it's... complicated... - I said quietly in response feeling the awkwardness of the situation creeping on my back.

- Then what are you doing with a human? - He asked looking suspiciously at me.

- Well umm... you see... I'm trying to... to lead her to Asgore! Yes, that's it! You know sentry duties and all. - Obviously, I lied like a maniac but I don't doubt that I had hoped that Snowdrake wouldn't catch on to that.

- Sans do you think I'm stupid? I know what you are trying to do I saw it right through you! You are trying to be pals with them! TRAITOR! - He turned to Chara and said-

If this comedian can't capture your soul, I will do it!

The fight between Chara and Snowdrake begins. Snowdrake rushed at Chara attacking her madly, I didn't think he had so much strength in him, but Chara dealt with more dangerous opponents so soon... more dust will spread. I let play the scene before my eyes already imagining Snowdrake's death. If I will interrupt I will most likely just die from Chara's hands. I'm sorry friend I can't help you... I close my eyes and await a scream of death...

Aaaaaa! Damn you!

Chara's voice echoed. I instantly open my eyes and can't believe what I see. Chara is bleeding from her right arm. Snowdrake seemed to actually hurt her...? I guess I underestimated the little guy... no... something ain't right... I let the fight continue but this time I focus on it.

When I finally understood what was going on my mind was completely broken. Chara wasn't trying to kill Snowdrake! She was only blocking his attacks and with not much success. As I watched Snowdrake not only managed to hurt her more but made her HP drop close to 0. Her both legs were bleeding badly and one of her arms was completely wet from the blood that was pouring out of open scratch wounds. She was slowly bleeding out!

I started to panic. I shouted. - Attack! Run! Do something!? - but she didn't react. She was ignoring me.

1/40 was the state of Chara's HP. Snowdrake, realizing that he is millimeters from fulfilling his goal, he started to rush at Chara to finish her off. - GOT YOU HUMAN YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE! - He screamed proudly.

I was watching the whole scene happen right before my eyes. My head was in total chaos and questions were the only things I knew at that time:

- Why isn't she fighting?

- Why?

- What will happen if she dies?

- Another reset?

- Why?

- Why?

- WHY!?

- Will I go through this hell again?

- Will she do another genocide?

- I don't want to...!

- I don't want to go back there!

- I...

- WANT SOMETHING NEW!

My body moved on its own. I lifted my left hand, summoning a bone. When Snowdrake was about to finish Chara, I threw my attack at him. One swift blow to the hearth that's all it took to kill him.

Your L.O.V.E increased.

Chara turned around and smiled. - Good job Sansy you did it~! - She was giggling. She moved forward her eyes filled with joy as if trying to compliment me. I was standing there unable to move. I tried to understand what just happened. I looked at my hand.

- K-killed... I killed him. - I mumbled this sentence over and over again. Tears were going down my cheeks. - I KILLED AN INNOCENT MONSTER!? - I started to scream the hardest I could.

Suddenly, I felt huge pain accumulate in my chest. It was different than any pain I ever felt it was even more painful than Chara's slash. The pain was so huge I fell to the ground, my eyesight was getting blurry and everything was slowly becoming dark and quiet. I was losing consciousness.

POV CHARA

Sans has fallen to the ground. I walked up to him to check if he was conscious. I poked his cheeks but I haven't got any response. I sat next to him.

I stretched out my legs and put his head on my lap. I saw that even though he is unconscious, he was still crying. Those weren't ordinary tears, they were darker color not entirely black but close to it. I was a little confused about it. Looking at him crying... In some weird way... it was cute. I wiped his tears off his face with my blood-stained sleeves and said-

You did a good job partner, now you can rest. After all, there are still so many to kill...