Bond we share...

AROUND 1 P.M THE SAME DAY

POV SANS

After a lovely start to the day, we finally started to concentrate on more important things. We don't know how long we will be able to rest before Asgore will finally make a move. What we know is that this free time is running out of our hands.

Chara wore up her sweater and we sat down in the salon. It was finally time to learn what Chara did while I was unconscious back at the Gerson's shop.

- So... what is it? You look concerned about this whole thing. It can't be that bad right? - I said in a reassuring voice.

- Well... I hope so... Sans back there when you were at the edge of dying... - Chara's face showed visible stress.

- Chara stop if you don't want to you don't need to tell me about it. I'm fine look at me. I'm alive as a skeleton can be. - I tried to cheer her up.

- It's not that I don't want to tell you it's rather that I don't know how to tell you... - Chara took a deep breath. - Let's start from the beginning... when I found you almost dead on the floor I was in shock. Your state was far beyond saving if not with extreme methods... So I tried something I never did. I tried to give you my determination.

- ... - This shocked me a little.

- I know that monsters shouldn't absorb determination because their bodies are not suited to wield it but... In your case it was different... When I summoned your soul and started giving it my determination it was taking it by itself! Your soul was devouring my determination as some crazy animal chewing on its prey... It was quite a... scary experience. After it took enough determination from me it started to heal itself. It took a lot of power from me so I only managed to lay you on a bed before I lost consciousness. After some time I woke up and you were still not awake but I saw that your wounds were healed. I decided to go to the entrance room and spy for any threats till you would wake up, and you know the rest of the story... - Chara explained.

- I'm sorry... I made you scared. I didn't mean to... I'm sorry... - I said looking down.

- Ohh come on you bonehead. I know you wouldn't hurt me so don't apologize. it only makes me feel worse. - Chara hugged me.

- Heh sorry... - I chuckled and hugged her back and a moment later she got back to her seat.

- So now you know about that, but it doesn't exactly say why the bones you summoned were fused with determination... You took quite a big amount of it but still. Something like this never happened, did it? - Chara asked.

- Well yea that is for sure pretty uncommon... The only monster that could withstand determination was Undyne and yet in her case, she couldn't keep it for too long. If I had to guess I could take such an amount due to my LV. My body and soul were getting stronger with each LV I got resulting in them being able to hold on to determination. Hmmm, but that doesn't explain why my soul was draining determination by itself... it might be... - I stared at the ground thinking.

- Come on tell me! It's important! - Chara pouted.

- It might be because of how much time I spent near you Chara. Think about it. I had contact with your determination more than anybody. My body was even absorbing it way earlier.

- You mean the regeneration...?

- Yea, it must have been caused by determination. I was healing at almost the same rate as you back then when we first fought Undyne.

- Well that makes sense... - Chara looked away.

- Hmm? Is something on your mind? - I asked.

- As I think about it there is one more thing I forgot to tell you. Ever since you started gaining L.O.V.E your soul was slowly changing its color to the black right? - Chara said with a concerned face.