The honest talk...

POV SANS

Around 3 a.m...

-Aaaghhh shit... - I wake up because of pain I felt for a while now.

I didn't want to say it to chara but I must admit that pain is growing bigger and bigger with each time I use magic. I don't have an idea what caused this, and most likely I won't know... at least for now. If I had to guess it's god making me regret the sins I have committed. Heh no wonder, I have killed people I swore to protect. Few civilians and one marriage...

I can't sleep. Laying down I look at the ceiling the pain is growing more intense with each moment. I feel my body shiver. Suddenly something unexpected is happening. My soul has escaped my chest and is slightly above it, just as if I entered the battle. I look closely then I see it. Fragments of my soul are black. Something like this never happened to me.

For a little while, I observe the soul after a moment soul was slowly drifting back into its place. I felt relief. Well... I wasn't prepared for what happened next. Once my soul was back I got shocked by the amount of pain that was so intense that I let out a scream of agony.

POV CHARA

I woke up hearing Sans's screams.

- Hey Sans!? Hey!? - I get closer to the skeleton. He doesn't react to me. He is still screaming as if he was torn apart. I get up and do 2 steps back to get a better look at Sans. I'm examining his body for something that might have caused all those screams but nothing caught my eye. Worried for Sans I can only wait for him to calm down. I don't know what caused all of this but I know for sure not to get involved if you don't know how to help. I sat on the bed and waited.

After around 10 minutes Sans stopped shivering. I walk up to him once again.

- Sans? Sans? - I ask worriedly.

- Ch-chara?

- What happened? Why were you screaming...? - I ask suspiciously but with a soft tone.

- ...soul. My soul... it hurt so fricking much... I couldn't stand it anymore. - Even though Sans is a skeleton he seemed to be extra pale. His eyes dimmed very lightly. What the hell was that pain.

We both sat on the bed. Sans has told me about what just happened and about the trouble he had with magic recently.

- So you want to tell that that something like this was happening all this time and you stayed silent!? - I shouted at him.

- ...

- Sans - I grab him by the head and put it next to mine - We are in it together. You can trust me. I know what I have done but this time it's different. Trust me... please - I said calmly letting slip emotions out of me. At first Sans was trying to look away but now we had a conversation face to face.

I laid his hand on my tights - Listen, I never was good with feelings... especially when it comes to showing them...

Sans was focused, no wonder he was about to experience that other side of me.

- You know... I'm worried about you. After all those resets we are finally experiencing something new. Not as enemies but as partners. I never thought that it will happen and yet... - I couldn't hold my tears any longer - Here we are. I d-don't wanna-a lose it y-you know...? - Now my sobbing turned into an all-out cry. I was so embarrassed of myself that I couldn't stop it.

POV SANS

I can't look away from Chara. She is honest with me and herself.