A homage to suffering...

POV SANS

I watched as Undyne was preparing to kill Chara who was desperately screaming and trying to pull herself out of Undyne's grasp. I pulled myself with the last ditch of willpower I had in me and used blue magic on Chara to pull her to me. Undyne not so amused started to slowly walk in our direction. Her metal armor clanking. The sound of incoming death was getting louder and louder with each second.

I hold Chara looking at her face. She lost consciousness. The strand of her hair changed to white.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marie Antoinette syndrome - is an alleged condition of hair turning white overnight due to stress or trauma.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a sick joke. Just how big an amount of fear and stress she has been through...

Inside me was building up a feeling. One nasty but right feeling... Anger...

The clanking stopped. I looked up from Chara's face to see Undyne standing with a death glare right in front of us.

- Why? Why are you helping this murderer? Why did you do all of this...? - Undyne started. Her face shows a complete lack of any other emotions than negative ones.

- Why? That's a good question maybe that's because I was bored of "loop"? Maybe it's because I love her. Heh... that's all messed up but I don't care about explaining this to you. I will die very soon.

- You don't care!? You always say that... I might not have been friends with you but I was with Papyrus. He always said good things about you and how you don't care. Why you don't care? Come on try me and explain it to me. Why the fuck do you not care!? Do you not care about Papyrus!? About people living here!? About everything!? Come on! Try me! - Undyne shouted Showing her emotional side.

- ... Do you know the true meaning of the word "helpless"? - I asked with a serious face.

- What do you mean? - Undyne replied confused.

- How can you change something that has been settled from the start? That's when you are helpless. Let's say you wake up one morning and feel the odd sense of deja vu around you. At the start you just ignore it. You make out through the day and when you close your eyes hoping to see better tomorrow you end up re-living the same day you just finished. You try to remain calm and just lie to yourself. "It must have been a dream..." but the situation repeats. Again and again and again... - I was chuckling a little.

- ... - Undyne's face squinted a little but she let me continue.

- After a while, you start telling people about it but they don't remember. Hope is the only thing holding you together. Every fucking time you try to talk to them but no matter what you are the only one that remembers. You can't reach for help because there is nobody that can help. You re-live long enough the same day eventually you start to get used to it. After some time it hurts less but it never stops. Trying to not care is the only thing that is left for you but even if you master it your psyche never will recover.

- Is that a truth...

- Why would I lie in front of my death? Why did you need to hear it from me? You were having doubts? Heh, that wouldn't be so strange. I must admit you have me! Good job! - I started clapping with my blood-stained hands.

- How many? Those you watched everyone... yourself... since when... - Undyne's face was dull.

I lost count a long time ago...

- ... - Undyne's face got a little bitter.

- So now that you know what you wanted. Come on kill us. Just I have one last request. J-just do it f-fa-sst... - My breath was starting to slow down. My sight was getting blurry. I was on verge of losing consciousness.

- Keep it to yourself. It's not the time yet. - Undyne said angrily. While leaving us and slowly starting to march into a hallway.

- What the...? Why...? - My willpower was only holding me awake at that moment.

- Take that as a homage to your suffering. You might survive this encounter because the justice I was fighting for wasn't fair to you but remember this. When we will face each other again you will die from my hand I promise you that. Papyrus said that he believes in you because of him I'll give you this opportunity so when we will clash our magic once again I will be good with myself when I kill you.

After her speech, Undyne escaped my field of view. Not being able to longer stay awake I hugged Chara and lost consciousness...

POV UNDYNE

I left the Waterfall and arrived at Alphys Lab. First I met Alphys toy.

- Why didn't you kill them!? Are you stupid!? - Mettaton shouted at me.

- Shut it robot! You won't understand either way. You are not a warrior but just a bunch of metal scraps. Now get out of my way I need to talk to Asgore. - I pushed Mettaton out of my way.

- Undyne! - Alphys shouted going down the stairs. - Are you okay? Did the machine work properly you are not hurt right? R-right? - She mumbled as she got closer to me examining my body.

- I'm fine Al. I'm fine I promise. - I ensured her. - I'll talk with you later I need to talk to the king first.

- Y-yea sure... - Alphys quietly responded.

Not wasting any moments I was making my way to the Asgore. While going through the New Home suddenly Determination and Flowey appeared in front of me.

- Well well well who would have thought that the Undyne Head of the royal guard could fail so badly to complete the task! - Flowey started provoking me.

- Shut up weed. You don't get to talk to me like that after you used me back there in Snowdin. - I replied shortly with anger.

- Come on guys focus we can't fight between each other right now. We have the same enemy and we need to focus on them ain't that right Undyne? - Determination bites into a conversation.

- I heard enough of your bullshit you little liar. Sans wasn't insane from the start as you said. I knew I couldn't trust you. - I looked down upon Determination as I walked past her.

- Undyne you always get involved in things you shouldn't have. - Determination hissed in reply. I ignored her and continued my way to Asgore.

While at the door of King's Room I prepared myself to get solid blame for my actions. Maybe even being demoted from my position. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

- Come in - I heard Asgore.

- My king I have a report to make...