Chapter 20 - Emotions

By: Sum_bi_bitch and Zedeola

Again the power of google!!!

Lan Wangji's POV:

'Lan Ying...' I felt tears fall down my face."Brother! Why are you crying?" Hm?

"No reason." I quickly dried them.

"But you never cry... are you sad?" 'Am I? What reason do I have to be?'

"No... I suppose I am just wondering what mother and father's wedding was like. They are also... well, as tears of happiness." I smiled as I spotted Lan Ying, still running from Jiang Wanyin. Hmm.

"Oh, Wangji..." Doesn't he usually call me 'A-Zhan' when we're alone? Oh... Never mind it.
"But it is mostly happiness, I am sure of that. How is brother feeling?"
"Oh, I am truly happy! For my little brother and his husband who have gotten married."

Brother was silent for a while. He looked as if he was contemplating something inside his head. The question he asked took me by surprise.
"Wangji, may I... hug you?" 'Hm? Brother wants to hug me? I never really have hugged anyone as much as Lan Ying. I never realized this.'

Because I didn't answer, he took it as a no and apologized. He seemed partially saddened even though he was smiling. I felt bad, so I hugged him. He was surprised by this. 

"A-Zhan?"

"Yes?"

"You don't have to you know."

"I know. Brother wanted me to hug him. So I am hugging him." We shared a smile and he hugged me back.

Lan Ying's POV:

Jiang Cheng stopped chasing me. He stopped and was staring at something with a slight smile. I followed his gaze and saw. Oh! Lan Zhan and Huan-ge are hugging! That is adorable. I smiled at this too. We both walked towards the Twin Jades, still in awe of this rare sight.

"That. Is. Adorable!" My sudden outburst surprised them and they broke apart. "W-- Lan Wuxian!" Cheng-Cheng slapped me. Wait, he called me by my name!

"Jiang Cheng, Lan Ying." Huan-ge seemed even happier than he did earlier. So did Lan Zhan actually. I ran and jumped into Lan Zhan's arms. That gesture earned an eye-roll from Jiang Cheng. Huang-ge just smiled at him and opened his arms. Wait. OH! My stubborn brother did not move at all, confused.

"What did you open out your arms for?" Jiang Cheng asked, looking obviously confused. At this Huan-ge frowned at him. He walked towards Jiang Cheng, picked him up, and walked away smiling again.
"H-hey wait! What- Put me down! WHY ARE YOU STILL HODING ME?! LET ME GO!"(And then there were two-)

"Well now they're gone... Lan Zhan?"

"Mhm?"

"Are you still not answering me with words? Still?"

"Um, sorry Lan Ying."

"Don't 'sorry' me." 

"Hm..." 

"Lan Zhan?"

"Mn-" I glared at him. "Sorry... yes?"

"Kiss me please." He looked at me, visibly confused. Why does he look so confused? I just want a kiss from my husband. Is that too much to ask?

"Lan Ying knows he does not need to ask, right?"
"Really? Ok then." I kissed him. Until almost two minutes later when we were told it was time to end the banquet.

Everyone returned to their homes, including us. Now we were to share a cup of wine, which we technically already did. Jiang Cheng said shi-jie and the peacock really were getting married soon. Ugh. Right now Lan Zhan and I are walking to his Jingshi.

"Lan Zhan!!"

"Mn?" 'Still doing that 'mhm', huh? I give up now.'

"My legs are tired walking." With that Lan Wangji picked him up in bridal style and they continued walking.

"Lan Zhan, let's go to the ancestry temples to, honor the Lan ancestors." 

"Mn no not until dawn." Lan Zhan said. 

"Then let's go to an inn together and at dawn we shall!" I said with a smile. 

"Mhm"  

"Lan Zhan, I told you to stop with the 'mhn', Answer me with words! "  

"Mn- Yes, we shall." Lan Zhan said with a small smile looking at me who was still in his arms.

"But we should go stop for two bottles of Emperor's Smile to share tonight." 

"Ok." Lan Zhan said still with his small smile.

And they're off again!

Lan Wangji's POV:

"Ah- ah, Lan Zhan wait stop here, let's go here." 

"Here?" I asked Lan Ying confused 

"It's called 'Emperor's Smile inn' they must sell Emperor's Smile, we can get Emperor's smile and a place to rest in the same place!"
"Before we go in put me down." and so I did, though still arm in arm.

We walked to the counter where a young girl was sitting behind it. 

"Welcome to Emperor's Smile Inn, I am Wan Zhu, please state your name young master" she said looking at Lan Ying.
"Ah my name is Lan Wuxian but you can call me Lan Ying." He let go of my arm an bowed. As he did that I felt an unmistakable rage, still looking calm and collected as I did while I was watching him talk to  Lan Zhu not even caring what they were talking about. He then tugged on my sleeve saying "Bye A-Zhu, come on Lan Zhan our room is on the second left of the hallway upstairs."

I'm starting the next chapter right now.

Bye~ 👋🏽