Chapter 23 - A Different Visit

By: Zedeola 

Sorry about the name... I tried...

(After they left Xichen's office)

Lan Wangji's POV:

I was carrying Lan Ying out of brother's office while he and Jiang Wanyin are alone. They seem to have a very nice relationship. I'm glad that brother is happy, he really deserves it and he always wanted me to be as well. 

I was lost in my thoughts and didn't hear Lan Ying constantly calling me.

"LAN ZHAAN!!" Didn't hear him that time.

"Lan... Wang...Ji!!" I was surprised. The disciples walking by stopped and stared. Then started walking again so they weren't breaking the rules. I didn't even notice that I wasn't carrying Lan Ying anymore. He also called me Lan Wangji... He looks mad. I should probably respond to him.

"Y-yes, Lan Ying?" I never stuttered a sentence before in my life. Well... before now anyways.

"Humph. Wow! Don't even respond to your own husband!" He turned his head away and crossed his arms. I don't want him to be mad at me.

"W-what can I do to make Lan Ying stop being... upset?" He just sighed and started walking towards uncles office. Wait. What?! 

Mr. Gets-Mad-When-His-Husband-Doesn't-Answer-Him's POV-.... again with this?
Lan Ying's POV:

Wow. I can't believe he completely ignored me. Then, he was all shocked and- um... pretending to care now! Hmph. I am going to visit "DEAR" Grandmaster Lan. I have a question to ask hi-

"Lan Ying! Wait!" And now he's interrupting my thoughts too!
"What?" I stopped and turned to him. We just happened to stop under the tree I was sitting in when I overheard him talking to those two gossiping disciples about him having the HanaHaki disease.

He started walking closer towards me. Why's he so much taller than me?! And so hot! It makes being mad at him so much harder... I think I started to sweat. He took my hand and put it on his chest. Then he spoke in almost a whisper.

"Do you feel I'm lying when I say that I love you unconditionally?" Huh? What's that got to do with anything.
"N-no Lan Zhan." His heart started beating slightly faster when I called him.
"Then... why be mad over such a minor thing?"
"What? Lan Zhan!! Let me be mad at you in peace!" He chuckled and leaned over. There had to be less than an inch of space between our lips.

He suddenly grabbed me with one of his arms around my waist and the other hand on my face. When he grabbed me, my hands moved to his chest but he still had our heads close enough for him to kiss me at any time. Then he did, and I forgot that I was mad at him and why I was in the first place. I suddenly pulled away from him. There was a reason for that!

"Lan Zhan.... Not now. I'm gonna go bother your uncle with questions since we can't go to our brothers."

"Hmn." Then he picked me up again and we were going to visit his uncle. He kept giving me random kisses though.

We soon reached the door to his uncle's office. He paused, put me down gently, dusted off his robes and knocked. "Enter." A voice from inside spoke. 'Still a stickler for the rules, huh Lan Zhan?' I thought. When we entered, it was clear on his face that he was surprised to see me there, even though he didn't say so.

"Lan Wangji... La-" Before Lan Qiren could finish his sentence I butted in.

"So, 'Grandmaster'... I have some questions for you." He sighed and Lan Zhan sat down.

"What were you gonna ask Huan-ge?"

"Nothing of your concern." (It was something to do with passing down the title of Sect Leader in a few years in case anyone wanted to know.)

"Ok, fine then." I went next to Lan Zhan and pulled off his forehead ribbon. He tensed ever so slightly and Lan Qiren was twitching. Inspecting it in mid-air I asked, "What is sooo important about this?" Then I tied it around my forehead for the fun of it.

The two Lans in the room were speechless. Then suddenly Huan-ge came inside looking ever so happy. I may have been mistaken but I think I saw my brother when the door was open. 

"So, uncle... you... called..?" He slowed down the speed of his sentence every time he took a step further inside.
"Never mind it Xichen." Qiren said curtly.
"W-why does Lan Ying have... brother's forehead ribbon?" He asked, visibly confused.

"What is it?! I don't understand you... all I did was ask what it means." 

My dear husband stood up and faced me, looking dead serious. I thought he was upset with me, but still he only said, 
"Lan Ying tied the ribbon wrong. Let me help." Huan-ge chuckled and shook his head again. Then he explained why I got that kind of reaction from them. Although it was allowed to be touched, there was surprisingly nothing about whether it could be worn by others.

I was about to start bothering Lan Qiren with more questions with the ribbon still around my head. "So, Gra-" But then I couldn't speak. "Mhmmn! Mhnnm!" Who did that?! Lan Qiren was ignoring me and focusing on some scrolls on his desk, and Huan-ge already left with Cheng-Cheng... so Lan Zhan? Whyy? He picked me up again, about to take me somewhere. 

"Lan Zhan!" Oh hey, the silencing spell is off. "Why'd you do that?! And where are we going?!"
He responded with, "Lan Ying was being noisy. I am taking him to my house." Why is he taking we to his 'Jingshi'?!