Chapter 21 - Jealousy

By: sum_bi_bitch and Zedeola

Lan Ying's POV:

Lan Zhan and I made our way up to our room, and I had four bottles of Emperor's Smile in my hand, which I got from Wan Zhu. Lan Zhan looked fine, but I felt he was upset about something. When we entered the room, I put the bottles of wine down, sat on the bed and motioned for him to come to me. He however, did not move at all.

"Lan Zhaaan! Come here!" I had gotten up and was pulling on his sleeve.

"Did you have fun talking?" He said it rather stiffly and sternly.

"Yeah A-" I stopped and looked at him with a smirk "Why are you mad?" He finally sat next to me on the bed.

"Hmph." Was the only reply I got from him. 

I went to get a bottle of Emperor's Smile and two cups. Since it was our wedding night, he drank it with me. Sitting at the table, we ended up finishing three of the four bottles. That meant by now, he was drunk. Instead of falling on his head though, he looked at me and called me.

"Lan Ying~"

"Yes Lan Zhan?" He seemed somehow mad at my response. He pounced at me and bit me!

"Ow! Hey, that hurt!" He looked up at me and his expression changed to a softer. He took my hand where he had bitten, and started kissing it. Using his tongue. I still didn't resist it though.
"Why did you get so mad?" I asked. He stopped, looked up at me again, and walked away to sit back down on the bed.

"Meanie!" I was surprised. He said it in such a baby-ish voice that I had only ever heard one other time.

"Did you just-- what?"

"Meanie." He repeated. I was upset now. But then he added, slurring. "But-- *hic* I loove you~" With this I walked towards his spot on the bed and sat right on top of him.

"I love you too Lan Zhan, but why did you seem so upset a few minutes ago?"

"Wan Zhu is nice isn't she?" He said sounding rather... sarcastic. I ignored it though.

"She is, she really is!" I smiled. He gritted his teeth, hugged me protectively and said-

"Mine!"

"H-huh? Lan Zhan let me go!"

"No. Lan Ying is mine! Not Wan Zhu's!" 'What?! Is that he was worried about? He's so honest when he's drunk. He sounded so serious!' I burst out laughing

"L-Lan Zhan-- *laugh* is that really-- w-what you've been m-mad about?!" I couldn't control my laughter.

"Y-yes." He stuttered, ears red.

I kissed him, which took him by surprise, and said "Of course I'm yours! I'm your husband Lan Zhan!" 

"So... you and Wan Zhu?"

"Ha! A-Zhu and I are just friends."

"Then why? Why do you address her so casually?"

"That's one of the things we were talking about, and eventually she let me call her that."

"One of the things?"

"Yes. She also gave a discount on the wine when she found out we were just married."

"Oh..."

"Lan Zhan, next time don't jump to conclusions like that! Ask me first."

"Ok... It is getting late. Time for bed." I think he sobered up sometime in our conversation.

"Alright Lan Zhan."

We took a bath, changed into our sleeping clothes and lay down. But I couldn't sleep. Today was... so much!

"Lan Zhan?"

"Mhm?"

"Lan Zhan...?"

"Mnh?"

"Lan Zhan."

"Mnn."

"Lan Z-"

"Shhh. It is nine. Sleep."

"I love you Lan Zhan."

"I love you too Lan Ying. Good night."

"Lan Zhan."

"Lan Ying... sleep."

"Sleep well Lan Zhan."

"You too."

I still think it funny that he thought I liked Wan Zhu. Eventually I fell asleep on Lan Zhan's soft and warm chest, knowing 'He's the one.'

Yea pretty cute, pretty wholesome.Pretty short but-  Bye~ 👋🏽