Zedaph

"Guys, I'm going with Percy Jackson on a quest," Annabeth announced to the Athena cabin.

"What?" Zedaph, and several others, exclaimed.

"Malcolm's in charge while I'm gone," Annabeth continued. "And if I don't come back."

Zedaph shuddered. He couldn't imagine the Athena cabin without its head counselor .

"But-" Malcolm started.

"It's dangerous!" Daisy protested. "And irrational. The probability of you surviving-"

Annabeth looked around the room. "I have to, guys," she said. "I've been waiting for this forever."

"But with the son of Posideon?" Samuel said. "You know the rivalry. If you guys die out there, it'll be because you'll murder each other."

Annabeth laughed. "Grover will be there, too," she said. "I trust him with my life."

Then she suddenly frowned.

Zedaph was intuitive enough to know that his half sister was hiding something. But he couldn't tell what.

"When are you leaving?" Zedaph asked, surrendering to the fact.

"Tomorrow morning," Annabeth said. "As soon as we're all ready."

The thing nobody wanted to say hung in the air - there's no being ready for a quest.

Zedaph just hoped she would come back alive. Percy, he didn't care as much about. But Annabeth was his - dare he say it - little sister. He had only been there for a few weeks, but it had been like Hermitcraft. The moment he joined, it felt like home. And home wasn't home without the annoying siblings who beat you at everything but you still couldn't help but love.

The rest of the Athena cabin eventually stopped arguing. They knew Annabeth. They knew she wasn't going to back down. This was what she had wanted since she was seven, when she first came into Camp Half-Blood.

Zedaph sighed at almost the exact same time as several other Athena kids and flopped into bed.

------

This time, he didn't fall out of his bunk.

To be fair, he hadn't since that first night. But his siblings wouldn't leave him alone about it. It had become a joke between them, to the point that whenever one of them complained that they were tired, the others would tell them not to "pull a Zed."

Zedaph pulled on an orange T-shirt, nearly walked out of the cabin with his pajama pants on, and then went back inside to change. Thankfully, nobody noticed. That would have been embarrassing.

Annabeth put a backpack over her shoulder and looked over the newly cleaned cabin one last time. "If it's not like this when I get back, I'm dumping all of you into the lake," she joked.

"That happens plenty without your help, thanks," Zedaph said.

Annabeth grinned and jumped down the stairs, her twelve-year-old self showing through. Then she headed for Half-Blood Hill without even getting something to eat.

Zedaph couldn't ignore a sinking feeling that something would go wrong as he followed Malcolm to breakfast.

Once there, Gem immediately came to his table.

"Zedaph, something happened," she said anxiously.

"What?" Zedaph asked.

Gem bit her lip and rocked back and forth on her heels. "I don't know exactly. But Bdubs knows, and Tango knows, but when I went to Ren-" she sniffled.

"Gem, what's wrong?" Zedaph asked. He didn't know her very well because she was one of the newer Hermits who he didn't talk with much (he didn't talk with anyone much, to be fair), but her visible nervousness was contagious.

Gem glanced up at him, then back down at her feet. "Don't be mad," she said. "But Grian and Ren are missing."

~~~

Sorry about the short chapter, I didn't really know what to put.

But ANYWAY, cod boy and the diggity dog are missing, where are they and what will happen next? I don't know, I guess you'll find out in a few days, when I post the next chapter...

-Indigo