Part Seventeen

A few days later, Tony was alone in his house, making coffee for himself when the doorbell rang. He walked to the door, only to find two police officers.

"Mr. Stark?" They asked and Tony nodded his head.

"That's me."Tony said.

"Can we come in for a talk?" They asked.

"Sure."

A few moments later, Tony was sitting on the couch while the two police officers stood in front of him.

"We're sorry for having to tell you like this." One of them said, making Tony nod his head.

"What happened?"

"Last night, your ex wife was found dead in her apartment."

Tony felt the ringing in his ear as soon as the man said the words. Caroline was dead?

He looked up to the police officer."You don't think that I... "He trailed off and the police officer shook his head quickly.

"No, no. We already found the killer."He pulled out a picture from one of the documents and gave it to Tony. Tony took the picture, staring down at the man who killed his ex wife. "Miss owed him a large amount of money."He said.

Tony nodded his head. He couldn't believe he felt nothing. She meant nothing to him anymore.

"We know she didn't have any family, so you, Mr. Stark, are the one who gets her belongings." He handed Tony a big white plastic bag filled with her belongings.

After they left, Tony stared down at the bag in front of him. With shaky hands, he opened the bag and turned it so the content of it fell down onto his table.

Among other things inside, he saw her phone. He quickly grabbed it and prayed it didn't have a pin. He moved his finger across the screen to unlock it and breathed out in relief when the phone unlocked.

Tony quickly found her photos and saw the ones of you and him. He was quick to delete the photos and drop all of her things into the trash can.

The next day, he walked into school and saw you standing with Wanda in the hallway. He smiled and went to approach you with a large smile on his face, wanting to tell you about everything.

But, James approached you and hugged you from behind. Tony stood in his place, frozen, as he watched you smile and kiss James' cheek. Sam gave you a worried look, but you just smiled at him.

"We gotta get to class." James whispered into your ear.

You looked at him and nodded your head. "You can go ahead, I just need to grab something from my locker."

James nodded and him and Wanda left for class together. You opened your locker while Sam leaned on the one next to yours. "I'm worried about you, Y/N. I don't know why I even gave you the-"

You slammed the locker closed, interrupting him. "Don't talk about it here. And I'm fine."

"Okay." He raised his hands in surrender and walked away to his class.

When he was gone, you grabbed onto the locker, feeling dizzy and sick to your stomach. Tony noticed it and quickly approached you. "Y/N? Are you okay?"

You heard him calling your name, but it sounded so distant to you. You felt yourself losing consciousness and falling. Before you hit the floor, you fell into a pair of strong hands and that was the last thing you remembered.

When you opened your eyes again, you felt someone lightly slapping your cheeks. "Y/N?"

You came face to face with Tony. Gathering your strength, you pushed him away and looked around, seeing you were in a chair in his office.