Part Twenty One

- FIVE YEARS LATER -

You were just coming out of a mall, carrying shopping bags in your arms when you bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry-" Both, you and the person said at the same time. You looked up and you were shocked by who you saw standing in front of you.

"Y- Y/N?"You heard a familiar voice say. "Is that you?"

"Tony." You gulped.

"Hey." He smiled down at you. "Didn't see you in a long time."

You nodded your head. "Five years."

"How - how have you been? You look... healthy." He said as he looked you up and down.

You nodded your head again and smiled.

"Do you have time? We can go, uh... for a coffee."

You looked down at the bags you were carrying, "Thank you, but I should really get going-"

Tony grabbed your wrist and you looked back up to his face. "Please. I... I've been searching for you for years."

You breathed out. "Okay."

A few minutes later, you were sitting in front of Tony, taking a long sip of coffee as you looked over the city.

You both were sitting in uncomfortable silence, while Tony was looking at you.

"You look... beautiful."He said suddenly.

You looked at him and smiled. "Thank you."You moved in your seat and looked down at your coffee. "Why were you looking for me?"

"I wanted to see how you were doing. I... I missed you, Y/N. I was a mess without you, I can't help but feel like this was all my fault."

"Tony... " You sighed.

"I know it was my fault." He cut you off and looked up at you. "I left you. But, I promise I had a reason."

"What was that?"

Tony looked down at the floor, embarrassed, before he started to talk. He told you about everything that happened and made him break up with you. You were left in shock and surprise.

"I still love you." Tony finished his story. "Not a day went by that I didn't think of you."

"It's... it's too much to process, Tony."

"I tried to look for you. I swear I did. But, you moved out of the city and at the end, your father moved out as well."

"I tried reaching out to you, too, but... a woman answered your phone and I... I never called you again."

Tony's eyes widened as he realized who it was.

"Pepper."Tony said.

"Was she the one who answered?" You asked.

Tony nodded. "Pepper. She was my wife. We got divorced four years ago."

You nodded and looked at your watch."I need to get going now. I hope you'll have a nice life, Tony."

Tony smiled, "You too, Y/N."He said and watched your retreating figure as you walked away from him.

A few minutes later, Tony was sitting in his car, crying as he looked at the picture of you he had in his car. For him, you were the only woman he'll ever love.