Part Twenty

As Tony was leaving, he pulled your mom aside and they spoke in hushed voices.

"You never told us what you had to say." She whispered to him.

"I just wanted to say... I'm worried about Y/N. She's been acting weird those past days and I don't know the cause, but... it seems pretty serious."

Your mother nodded her head. "I'll have a talk with her about it."

Tony nodded and smiled at your mother before leaving the house. He looked up at your window and sighed.

That afternoon, you were alone in your room. Your whole body was shaking while you were laid in bed and you were sweating more than ever.

The door opened and your mother walked inside the room, turning on the light, making you groan as you opened your eyes and looked at her.

"Y/N?"She asked, sounding worried. She rushed over towards you and sat down on the bed next to you. She put her hand on your forehead to check your temperature. "Are you sick? Tony... "

"What did he tell you?" You asked through your teeth.

"He just told me he worried about you. I came here to talk to you." She said, grabbing you under the arm and making you stand up from the bed."You look horrible. Are you sick? Come on, let's get you a cold shower."

She walked you over to your bathroom. She already had her suspicions, but decided not to speak about it until you get better. She helped you take off your clothes before she helped you walk inside the shower.

After you both were done, you got dressed and you were sitting in the living room, drinking a cup of tea while your mother sat across from you, not moving her eyes off you.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"Is... is dad here?" You asked, putting the cup down on the table.

"He's not, do you want to tell him as well?"

"No, no!" You quickly stopped her."Can this stay between us?"

She nodded, gesturing at you to start.

And you did. You told her everything from the start, including Tony and your relationship, then the thing with drugs. To say she was shocked would be an understatement. She couldn't believe her ears.

"You and Tony...?" She kept repeating in disbelief.

You nodded your head and she placed her hand over her chest, trying to process all the information.

"I can't believe this." She choked out."Why would you do this?"

"Because I... I love him, mom."

She looked at you with a sad stare, seeming to understand your emotions. "But why would you do drugs? Is that how we raised you?"

You shook your head, "I don't know. I didn't see a way out."

Your mother took a long, deep breath and tried to remain calm. "We need to get you in rehab then."

"What?" You looked up at her. "But I'm finishing school in a few weeks."

She got up and sat down next to you on the couch, taking your hands in her. "Your father can make an arrangement for you to finish the school while being in rehab. You need to do this for yourself."

A few hours later, after you two came to an agreement, you zipped up your hoodie and went out of the house for a walk. You kept your hands in your pockets as you walked towards a park, where you sat down on one bench and took a sharp breath, trying to clear your head.

You threw your head back and took sharp breaths, when you heard footsteps approaching you.

"You're here." Tony's voice said as he approached you and sat down next to you.

"I'm here." You nodded and looked in front of you, not bothering to look at him.

You sat in silence for a few minutes as you both tried to clear your heads.

"Why didn't you tell them?" You asked.

Tony breathed out, "I, uh... I knew you were in a bad situation the past few days. I didn't wanna add more to it."

You nodded again and that's when the silence fell over you. You stayed quiet, just like before, for a few minutes and raised your head to look at the dark sky.

"Did your mom talk to you?" He asked and you nodded.

"I told her about us and about everything else."

"What?" His head snapped and he looked straight at you. "What did you do?"

"She took it well. Better than I expected." You said. "And relax, she knows we're not together anymore. She knows you don't want anything to do with a drug addict."

Tony looked at you. "Y/N, you know that I didn't mean it like that."

"I don't. "You shrugged.

"I - I'm sorry, I should've helped you, not judged you."

"I'm getting help, I don't need you to help me." You said.

"You're what?"Tony asked.

"My mom's gonna put me in a rehab."

Tony nodded his head. "When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

"Are you coming back here... ever?"

"I don't think so."

Tony gulped. He didn't want you to leave, but he knew that was the best option for you. He wanted you to be healthy again.

He turned to look at you. "Can I hold you?"

You quickly jumped into his arms and he wrapped them around your body, holding you. You were on the verge of breaking out into tears in his arms. You didn't want to leave him either.

"I'm sorry for everything." He whispered into your hair as he rubbed your back. You allowed your tears to slip down your cheeks."I know that it's my fault, too. I left you just like that... "

"No, it's my fault." You nodded your head and looked up at him.

"I just want you to know I love you."He whispered.

"I love you, too."

"Can I kiss you? One last time."

You nodded and closed your eyes as Tony pulled you into a gentle kiss, like he was afraid you're going to break in his arms. You felt your tears slide down your cheeks, mixing into the kiss. He tried to memorize the way your soft lips tasted and how your touches felt on his body.

When you pulled away, he leaned his forehead on yours as you both took deep breaths.

He pulled away and took your face into his hands, placing a kiss on your forehead before you placed your hands on his. "It's time for me to go."You said.

"Can I walk you home... please?" He looked into your eyes and you nodded your head.

You both got up from the bench and started to walk down the street. Your hand lightly brushed against Tony's as you were walking and Tony took your hand into his, intertwining your fingers with his.

You walked in silence, none of you saying a word.

When your house came into view, Tony felt his chest tightening and he couldn't breathe. You both stopped in front of it and you looked at the house - all the lights were off, except the one in your room. Tony pulled you into his arms, hugging you and breathing in your scent.

"I'm sorry", you cried into his arms. He knew it had a deeper meaning, you were apologizing for everything you did.

"It's okay, sweetheart." He mumbled into your hair.

You stayed like that for a few minutes before you had to pull away from him. He looked after you as you made your way into the house. You gave him a small smile before you shut the door and leaned against them, taking deep breaths.

Tony stayed in his place until the final light in the house went off and that's when he allowed his own tears to fall.