Chapter 10: Complaints

Xia Xi was in a daze as she looked at the boy in white not far away, thinking about how to talk to him. She had obviously given the ticket for the seat next to her yesterday, why had he wasted money and bought another one instead?
Xia Xi didn't understand Ji Huai at all. And she hadn't since the first day they had gone to school together and he hadn't chosen to sit at the same table.

Suddenly, a girl's scream reached her ears and pulled her out of her thoughts. Xia Xi curiously looked around and noticed Xia Yuan who was naturally coming towards her, as the girls around shouted and wondered why he was in the audience. Xia Xi felt the shadow of the kiss from earlier and her cheeks flushed again. It seemed like her brother liked her!
Xia Yuan stopped in front of her and took her hand. Among the screams, his voice was clear: "It's getting late, it's time to go home."
The girls around threw daggers with their eyes at Xia Xi but she was long accustomed to it. Who had made her brother so attractive?
She nodded and remembered something: "The results are not out yet, go accept the prize while I wait for you here."
"No need, you can come with me and stand next to me." Xia Yuan refused.
Listening to his domineering tone, Xia Xi's heart pounded and she instinctively agreed. She took her things and followed her brother, as the girls surrounding them kept shouting, not knowing they were siblings.

"It looks like Xia Yuan's feelings for the white lotus are really superb." Xu Yinuan muttered as she looked at Xia Xi's back. Anyone with discerning eyes could see the ambiguity between the two.
Xia Yao glanced at her two siblings and raised her eyebrows.
"Xu Yinuan, let me ask you something."
"Ah?" Xu Yinuan was startled, "What's wrong?"
"Do you like Xia Yuan?" Xia Yao asked bluntly.
Xu Yinuan was stunned and speechless for a long time. In fact, she was also a little bit confused about whether she liked him or not. She should say she did as she had skipped classes to take a peek at him since the start of high school. But she also should say she didn't because she just wanted to chase after any handsome guy she met.
Seeing how confused Xu Yinuan seemed to be, Xia Yao snickered: "I understand."
"Ah? What do you understand?" She herself hadn't yet.
"You just like his face!" She joked but felt relieved in her heart. In this stupid campus love novel, Xu Xinuan's character was the one of a love-struck fool but after spending a whole year with her, Xia Yao had a better understanding of her. She was a free and easy-going person who would let things go as long as she knew it couldn't be hers. Fortunately, she didn't necessarily like Xia Yuan that much.
"Wow, you're talking nonsense!" Xu Yinuan rushed forward, "Look at me hit you with my small fist!"

Xia Yuan was already standing on the stage at this time and was giving his acceptance speech. He read words of thanks and his clear voice echoed in every corner of the theater through the microphone. According to his speed and the length of the speech, he should be done in three minutes.
When he read the last sentence and announced it was over, the host unexpectedly spoke. She was a lovely woman wearing a white evening dress and her hair was tied in a bun on top of her head: "Contestant Xia Yuan, we all know you played your own creation and the audience is very curious, why did you name it 'Keep this time'?"
"It doesn't make much sense." Xia Yuan replied lightly.
"But everybody really wants to know. This melody sounds like a love song, was it written for your first love?" The host insisted.
The contestants this time were all high school and college students from City T and Xia Yuan's name was very well-known among them. The whole audience looked toward the stage together, ready to gossip.
"No comment." Xia Yuan frowned. The relationship between him and Xia Xi was different from ordinary people, it was not the time to announce it.
But yes, this song had been written for her. Perhaps he had liked her at first sight, he had never seen a girl as pure and beautiful as her. She had been wearing a dirty dress and dust had been on her face but it hadn't concealed her cuteness and innocent heart in the slightest, just like a small daisy in the sunlight.