Chapter 42: The Xia family

Ji Huai treated her very well but in order not to delay both of their studies, she had to reject him. But Ji Huai hadn't confessed or said he liked her like Xu Shizhou had... Should she take the initiative to solve this problem and refuse him? This was too cruel, wasn't it? Just like the heroine of a novel in which the author hadn't determined the male lead yet. This was simply too irresponsible! Such an author must enjoy torturing their readers and characters!

Xia Yao stopped thinking about it, getting too anxious about it was simply interfering with her homework! And in the end, she finished her questions first and did a few more sets of papers on the way, looking at her bank card deposits on her phone afterward.

***

Thanks to her hard work, Xia Yao managed to earn about 100,000 yuan daily through the system. Although these 100,000 yuans were nothing for the Xia family, just like a stone thrown into the sea that couldn't make any waves, her goal was not to make them go bankrupt in a week. It wasn't a reachable goal and instead, she had chosen three months as her objective.

But while she was working hard, it was the Xia siblings scandal someone had uncovered not long ago that had caused their stock market to plummet; the market value of the Xia family had slumped by hundreds of millions of yuan in just a few days.
Xia Xi also seemed to have disappeared. Since the scandal had broken out, she had not been seen for a week.

Sometimes people were a little complicated. Xia Yao hadn't seen the heroine for a week and had started to miss her a little. She really wanted to raise her chin to her and sneer.
—Oh, are you uncomfortable? Which brother is your favorite today?
—It's true that Xia Yuan is not very good, ah. How can he satisfy you alone? You are so good, you should have more men to love.

Yes, last week, when a good Samaritan had exposed Xia Yuan and Xia Xi's pseudo-incest relationship, they had also exposed Xia Xi's fish pond. Countless chat records and various monitoring had been made public, like unshakable evidence against the female sea king.
Everything had been spread to their circle and naturally, the school had been full of gossip. Every time students met, the first sentence was always about Xia Xi.
—Are you familiar with Xia Xi from Class A? Let me tell you about her...

***

As soon as the school bell rang, Xia Yao packed her bag but the hem of her clothes was grabbed when she got up.
"Xia Yao, let's go home together."
Xu Shizhou also stood up and his chair made a sharp piercing sound on the ground
Xia Yao: Here we go again.
She really didn't want to lose her mind or affect her studies because of love and other emotions. But even though she kept telling him, Xu Shizhou kept acting as if he was deaf and since then Xia Yao had really stopped being afraid of him.
She looked back at him: "I'm going home with my friends."
Xu Shizhou frowned unhappily and sneered: "You don't even live in the same direction, my house is much closer to yours."
Xia Yao sighed helplessly and moved closer to say like every other day: "Classmate Xu, I already told you that I don't like you. I will not date or fall in love in high school, I don't want to influence my study. Stop wasting your time."
She had lowered her voice to prevent gossip from spreading out.
"I know, I know, Classmate Xia." Xu Shizhou also leaned closer and knocked her forehead slightly, "But it's not like it will disturb you if we go home together. You wouldn't see it as your boyfriend taking you home, would you?"

In such a short distance, the boy's breath tickled the tip of her nose and she quickly avoided it. Her cheeks felt slightly hot.
"Then wait here, I will go to the bathroom first." Xia Yao gave him a powerless look and grabbed her bag to head out of the classroom.
As usual, she was wearing it on only one shoulder and Xu Shizhou naturally grabbed the second strap: "Xia Yai, are you planning on running away with your bag on your back?"
Stopped in her tracks, Xia Yao took her bag off: "Sorry, conditional reflex. A student can't do anything without her things."
The boy snatched her bag before she could put it down.
"I will wait for you outside the restrooms."
It looked like her bag had just been taken hostage.