Chapter 11: Missed act

A basketball flew towards them swiftly. Xia Yao was startled as the projectile aimed towards Xu Yinuan's face. She quickly pushed her out of the way and threw the volleyball in her hand. The two balls collided in the air and the impact lessened a lot.
Coincidentally, the ball she had thrown hit Xia Xi's knee and helped her complete her task at the same time. The soft little flower fell to the ground instantly.
"Which blind guy has disabled eyes?" Xu Yinuan cursed loudly and looked at the basketball court. She frowned but the panicked expression on her face had not entirely cleared yet.
Xia Yao patted her on the back and pointed at a short boy who ran to them: "The blind guy is coming over."
It was a short, dark-skinned teenager. He was breathing heavily and didn't dare to look directly at Xu Yinuan's eyes.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to!"
Xu Yinuan sneered and rolled her eyes but she knew the boy hadn't aimed at her on purpose and she accepted his sincere apology: "Be careful next time."
The short boy kept apologizing again and again and Xia Yao glanced to the other side, only to find the fragile heroine on the ground with red eyes, surrounded by a group of people comforting her. Xia Yao hadn't used too much strength and after hitting the other ball in the air, her throw had been greatly weakened; it should have only lightly touched Xia Xi.
"Let's go pick up the other ball." She ignored the boy and pulled Xu Yinuan towards the crowd.

Xia Xi's eyes were red and she looked like a white little bunny. She was on the ground, surrounded by both male and female classmates.
"Xia Xi, it's okay. But your sister is too much, she hit you with a volleyball!"
The teary girl replied with a small voice: "My sister didn't mean it, she must not have seen me..."
"Don't say more, Xia Xi. You always defend her but she always bullies you!"
"My sister is actually very good, don't talk to her like that. She has bad grades but wants to make progress, so I tutor her every day..."
"Xia Xi, even the first grade of the school can't teach her rotten brain. Don't waste your time with her!"
Xia Yao happened to hear them from afar; the heroine was really the incarnation of a white lotus! When had Xia Xi ever taught her anything? Wouldn't she know if she was being tutored at home?
The crowd instinctively gave way to Xia Yao and the girl faintly glanced at Xia Xi who was still on the ground, before picking up her ball indifferently.
"Xia Yao! Quickly apologize to your sister! You hit her on purpose!" Xia Xi's good friend exclaimed.
"Oh." Xia Yao looked at the ball in her hands, "Should I take you to the infirmary?"
She then watched Xia Xi's act.

Xia Xi was taken aback, she had been sitting there for so long and was actually waiting for someone else to send her to the nurse. She had not expected Xia Yao would offer it instead.
She glanced through the crowd at the teenagers who were still on the court and felt inexplicably bitter. She was injured and couldn't get up, why wouldn't they come to her help?

Seeing that she wasn't answering, Xia Yao stretched out a friendly hand and tried to pull Xia Xi up. But the girl's eyes were still focused on the boy not too far away.
She had not expected that someone who looked so nice and gentle and with such good academic performance could also play basketball well. And there was also the boy in a black shirt who loved small animals. Although he was a little scary, he was really handsome.

Xia Yao looked a little unhappy but helped her sister get up: "Does your knee still hurt? I will take you to the nurse."
After being pulled by someone, Xia Xi finally retracted her gaze and staggered two steps before standing up. She covered her left knee with her hand and her eyes were still red. She didn't actually get hit; when the ball had reached her, the strength of the throw had already entirely weakened. But the ball had been hit by Xia Yao, which was different.
But as she was hesitating whether she should follow the person she hated the most to the infirmary, the hand holding her arm loosened.
Xia Yao sighed: "Dear sister, pretend better. The ball hit your right knee."

The students who hadn't dispersed yet were startled and looked at Xia Xi's hand on her left leg. The girl who had been closest to her could indeed remember she had been hit on the right side.
Just like this, Xia Xi's mind went completely blank. She quickly covered her right leg and opened her mouth: "I, I just..."
"You just forgot you were pretending just now, right?" Xia Yao stood comfortably and quietly looked at her.
"I..."
The people around who were eating melons didn't speak. Xia Yao's aura was so strong they were even afraid to breathe, and they looked at Xia Xi's red face instead.
"It's not red and it isn't swelling. Could it be that the volleyball caused some internal injury instead?" Xia Yao's gaze was on the girl's knee and Xia Xi felt that both her legs were starting to hurt. She noticed the eyes of everyone on her and the emotions in them looked a bit strange.