Chapter 17: She must have cheated

"Fuck! First place! I'm blind, I'm blind!" An anxious shout erupted from the crowd in front of the big screen.
"Xia Yao??" There was another exclamation, "Isn't she usually at the bottom? What's going on, does anyone know?"
"Could it be that the scores are wrong?" Someone asked.
[Congratulations host for getting first place!] The system sent a congratulatory message and issued a task the next second: [Please, show up in Class A's classroom before 15:32 and be sure to complete the plot of "The sweetheart of the three big bosses". The host must grab the seat next to Ji Huai instead of the heroine.]

Xia Yao was looking at her own results and was a little surprised. She had expected to do well but didn't think she would soar directly to the first place. Seeing the ugly face of the white lotus, she felt rather good.
She smiled and said: "Sister, what do you say? Do you want me to tutor you? Limited half-price offer for family and friends."
Xia Xi was still in shock. Impossible! She was second to last during the last exam, how could she be first now? Something was wrong, she must have cheated!
Watching her fake sister still stunned, Xia Yao pulled on the sleeves of the boy next to her: "Let's go."
She had to rush to the next task.

"Xia Yao, did you deliberately pretend to be a pig to eat a tiger?" Xu Shizhou narrowed his eyes. He wasn't sure why he had followed her to the bulletin board.
"Ah?"
Xia Yao: Would you believe me if I told you I have been deliberately made stupid before?
Xu Shizhou laughed suddenly: "You hide so deeply."
Xia Yao pursed her mouth, knowing he was also boasting about himself: "You too. You also got a perfect score in mathematics."
The maths exam was the only one he had gone to and after a while, the boy said: "I'm not good with the rest, I still need your help with the other subjects."
"Then after school, let's go drink six walnuts."

***

Xia Xi was still very perturbed when she returned to her classroom. Her fair complexion had turned pale and she really didn't believe Xia Yao could get first place. And like her, her friends didn't believe it either.
"It's impossible!" One of them shouted, "How can that idiot Xia Yao suddenly counterattack?"
"Yes, who doesn't know she is always at the bottom. It's impossible to do so well suddenly..." Xia Xi said, "Unless..."
"Xia Xi, you mean she cheated, don't you?" One of the girls slammed the table, "She definitely did!"
"I cannot believe Xia Yao's brain can compute such difficult questions."

Class A was in chaos. The students there were all the elites of the school and they had done pretty well for this midterm; and seeing the penultimate of the grade reaching the first place, they naturally felt suspicious.
With a bang, the door of the classroom was slammed open and Xia Yao stood there with her bag. Her appearance made all kids inside suddenly stop chatting; they just remembered that the classes would be reshuffled with the results.
Xia Xi stood in her position, she had not expected Xia Yao would be so fast; she was already ready to move classes when she had just seen her score! She must have known she would be first, therefore she had definitely cheated! She needed to expose her dirty scheme in person.

The girl standing at the door looked rather cold. She glanced at all the students and sneered: "Cheated? Whose test paper could I cheat on to get first place in the whole grade?"
Her eyes were glacial and after looking at everyone, some classmates with guilty consciences felt their legs shake. They had all heard about Xia Yao's fighting prowesses and that she could split boards with her bare hands and crush boulders on her chest.
The class was suddenly quiet. Indeed, Xia Yao had taken first place. Although there was only a two points difference with the second place, she was still first. What was more, the classroom she had taken her exam in was the worst in the year and there was nobody to cheat on from.
But Xia Xi still couldn't believe it. She was swept away by Xia Yao's slightly ridiculing gaze and wanted to expose her.
"Xia Yao, no one said you cheated on someone. I saw you at the door of the teacher's office last Friday..."
The friend closest to Xia Xi understood at once; she had not cheated on anyone but had directly gone to the office to steal the answer!
"Xia Yao, did you steal the answer?"
Oh, doing that was just so morally corrupt!