Chapter 34: I like you

Because her evening task had delayed her learning time, Xia Yao immersed herself in her homework as soon as she returned to her room. As she was listening to English, a hard knock sounded on her door, and when she heard it, she knew it was Xia Yuan.
Xia Yao took off her earphones but couldn't guess why he was knocking on her door. Since the restroom incident, they had both deliberately avoided each other. She got up and opened the door slightly, revealing only half of her body; she didn't want to let him in.

Xia Yao looked at the man with a cold face and the expression of her brother was darkened because of anger. There was no warmth in her voice when she asked: "What's the matter?"
Xia Yuan had long lost his mind because of his sweetheart: "Xia Yao, are you crazy? You dare push Xia Xi off the table! How can I have such a vicious sister?"
Xia Yao glanced at him; he was really ridiculous and she instinctively sneered. This kind of false accusation scenario without evidence was too boring.

Seeing her reaction and that she wasn't denying anything, Xia Yuan swayed slightly but the need to protect Xia Xi surpassed everything: "Xia Yao, come out right now!"
Xia Yao rolled her eyes and was about to drive him away when she saw the other girl appear at the top of the stairs. Xia Xi was holding a glass of water and there was no sign of a sprain or a limp as she walked.
"Brother." Xia Xi shouted softly, "Don't blame sister, it was only an accident. I'm fine, aren't I? She must have realized her mistake, forgive her, okay?"
She sounded like she was pleading for Xia Yao but the more she said so, the more Xia Yuan's aversion toward his biological sister rose.

Xia Yuan looked at his kind sister and turned back to Xia Yao as he scolded: "Apologize to Xia Xi immediately!"
"For what?" Xia Yao sized up the weak and delicate heroine, "What have I done wrong?"
Xia Yao's gaze was fierce and Xia Xi went straight to hide between her brother. She held her glass carefully and avoided her gaze, looking scared and pitiful.
In Xia Yuan's eyes, Xia Yai was simply a monster and the girl behind him needed his protection. He would protect her absolutely!

He suddenly took the glass from Xia Xi's hand and poured it directly at Xia Yao. The water was splashed onto her face and Xia Xi tried to avoid it. Her face stayed dry but the water hit her shoulders and started leaking through her clothes. Although the liquid was warm, the wet feeling was really uncomfortable.

Xia Yuan was still holding the glass and felt his action was very justified. Xia Yao was in the wrong and needed to be taught; she dared to bully her own sister, she needed to be punished.
"Apologize to her right now!"
As soon as his voice fell, he realized the girl at the door had disappeared. Could it be that she was hiding in her room? He raised his foot to kick the door open, only to find that Xia Yao had already returned, something in her hand.
Before he could see what it was, a bucket of cold water was poured on him and his eyes were squinted for a while before he could open them again. Furious, he screamed: "Xia Yao, are you crazy?!"
"Shut up!" Xia Yao threw the bucket on the ground, "Why don't you check the classroom monitoring first, instead of biting like a mad dog? Don't disturb my studying, get out!"
She was about to leave, it really didn't matter if she offended him more.

Before he could react, Xia Yuan heard a loud bang and the door of the bedroom was heavily closed on his face. Xia Yao picked her bucket, thinking it was fortunate she hadn't drained her footbath yet, but when she looked at the water stains on her shoulders, she couldn't help but curse.
Dammit, she had to get clean again and delay her homework even more!

***

During the knight, Xia Yuan knocked several more times on her door before finally giving up. Xia Yao did not bother to deal with him and she put earplugs in to finish her homework. And when she woke the next morning, she really didn't want to run into those two fake siblings.
She took her bag and climbed down from the balcony instead.