Chapter 26: Skincare routine

By the evening, Xia Yao had already listened to several English podcasts and consolidated her political history knowledge. She glanced at the boy who was happily making juice on the side, then looked at the time, and said: "Xu Shizhou, won't you go home? It's almost 9 pm."
"You are not healed and you are already thinking of driving me away?" He took a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and put it in her hand.
"No, you see, it's late." The girl motioned at the clock.
"9 pm, it's still early."
Xia Yao looked up at Xu Shizhou and said seriously: "No, I want to rest."
"Good." Xu Shizhou nodded."
"Ah?" Well, why don't you go home then?
"Your hand is hurt." He took her hand and looked at her palm. When she had rolled down the hill, she had been scratched by thorns and had some shallow wounds on her arms and hands.
"I will help you wash your face!"
"Ah??" Xia Yao immediately retracted her hand. What? How was she reduced to asking others to help her wash her face? She wasn't that delicate!

Seeing that Xu Shizhou was about to get up and act, Xia Yao quickly shouted: "Hold on! No need, I can do it myself!"
She tried to roll over and get out of the bed, but the pain of her injured leg made her subconsciously tear up. Hey, hey, she wasn't hurting that much just now, why was she suddenly in pain?
Xu Shizhou looked at the girl who had turned pale and put one hand on her soft hair, pressing her back on the bed. He leaned forward and said in a low and hoarse voice: "Say you can do it again." He rubbed her hair and softly added: "Good girl."

Xia Yao's head was pressed down on the soft pillow and muttered dully: "Next time... I will definitely be able to next time!"
She sighed silently in her heart. She felt that Xu Shizhou was being very ambiguous and if it hadn't been for her injury, she would have slapped his hand away.
But as she was still thinking about it, Xu Shizhou had already walked out of the bathroom with a warm towel. Seeing she was not cooperating and deliberately leaning backward, he moved away the hair behind her ears and pinched her chin. Xia Yao shrank in shock and quickly obediently turned to him, before raising her head high and revealing her white and delicate cheeks.
Xu Shizhou was not a good person! She warned herself in her heart.

Xia Yao's face was small and her eyes were tightly closed. Her eyelashes were dark and long, just like butterflies wings. After a while, she did not feel anything and she frowned before opening her mouth: "Xu Shizhou, my face isn't big, why are you taking so long? Quickly wipe it."
Xu Shizhou's eyelashes trembled. He moved his gaze that was riveted on her beautiful face and started using the towel in his hand.
"Your... Your hair smells good." He said lazily as if to hide his slowness.
"Oh, thank you for the compliment. I haven't washed my hair in three days."
The girl felt the rough movement on her face and guessed it was probably the first time the young master Xu was ever serving someone and didn't say anything. Once her face was finally cleaned, she breathed a long sigh of relief, thinking it was finally over. But as she was about to drive him away, she noticed Xu Shizhou take a glass bottle out of nowhere.
What big-name skincare brand was this?
"..." Xia Yao watched him in shock as he took bottle after bottle.
"You... what are you doing?"
"Don't girls always put a lot of things on their faces?" He asked, "Xia Yao, what type of skin do you have? Dry? Oily? Mixed? Sensitive?"
Xia Yao: Excuse me? A boy like you knows more than me?
Xia Yao was stunned and slowly answered: "I don't know..."
—Dammit, every time Sweet Sister and Xu Yinuan went shopping for beauty products, she was always studying! She didn't understand anything about it, how stupid she must sound.
"I just heard from the nurses just now, there might not be everything." After Xu Shizhou finished speaking, he took out his phone, "Let me check first."
"..."

After a while, the boy said: "Then let's follow the sensitive skincare routine."
Xia Yao nodded. She didn't understand anything anyway, she temporarily believed that Xu Shizhou would not disfigure her. Hopefully.
"Skin toner, moisturizing serum, night cream." He picked three bottles out of the pile of products. He unscrewed the lid of the toner and poured some on a cotton pad, but wasn't able to control his strength well, and too much fell on it.
The scene was somewhat embarrassing for a while and Xia Yao tightened her lips to prevent herself from laughing.
As he prepared everything in a hurry and put the cotton on the girl's face, Xia Yao suddenly thought of something: "Wait, shouldn't any skincare start with a facial cleaner?"
She asked very sincerely as if she was discussing academics. The boy was stunned and his hands froze on her face before he whispered: "Really? Then should I wash your face again?"
"No, no need, I was just asking casually."