33 | Happily ever after

-Maya-

"You look beautiful." Sophie says as she fixes my hair under my veil.
"Thank you." I say. I place my hand on top of hers, sitting on my shoulder.

Todays the day.
Never did I think I would be marrying the same man who helped me out of a restaurant half drunk at 15.

I look at myself in the mirror at the long, detailed white dress surrounding my body.
The engagement ring shines bright beside my waist on my hand, symbolizing our devoted love.

A knock hits the door.
"Maya?" I hear Noah's voice echo outside the door.
As he turns the knob and slightly open the door, Elena runs and slams her body against the door, closing it whole.

"You pendejo! Don't you know it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding." Elena yells. "It's my damn wedding!" Noah yells back. "I don't care. You can be having blue balls and this door will remain shut until the ceremony."

At this point, everyone outside the dressing rooms could probably hear the argument Noah and Elena are having.
"Would both of y'all shut the fuck up!" I yell. Silence takes over. "No more arguing, especially not today!" "Yes amor." I hear Noah say. "Yes amor." Elena imitated Noah.

I decide to kick Elena and Sophie out of the dressing room to give me alone time.
"So you can see her but I can't?" I hear Noah say from a far. "I'm her bridesmaid!" Elena shouts back.

I chuckle to myself as their voices fade off into the distance.
I walk back towards the mirror to fix any last touches to myself.

I can almost see my younger 15 year old self staring back at me in the mirror, smiling inside and out.
Look at you now, Maya. You did it. You've grown, even through the toughest stages of your life. You've learned and loved, and here you are getting married.

Papa y mama would be proud.

I hear slight knocks on the doors. "Who is it?" I ask. "The best man ever."
I open the door and see Santiago with a wide smile on his face.

I hug him tightly. Our sibling bond hasn't changed one bit since we left Mexico.

I pull away and see small tears leave Santiago's eyes.
"Why are you crying?" I ask. "I'm just so happy for you, hermana."
"Promise me, no matter what, you'll protect him?"

I find it amusing that it all started with a promise. Noah promised Santiago to keep me safe, and here he is asking me the same in return.
"I promise." I say.
We exchange one last hug before he goes back to the venue.

"Fuck." I hear beside the door. I look and see Noah hiding behind a pillar.
"You idiot, this is bad luck!" I scream.
"Love, marrying me is bad luck as it is." He explains. Though it's really not. It's the best luck a woman could ask for.

Noah stands in front of me in his fitted tux as he stares down at my dress. He lowers his head to my neck, making my breath hitch.
"I can't wait for much longer, Mrs. Slade." He whispers against my chin. "It's rude to keep guests waiting, Mr. Slade." I say as I slightly push him away.

"I'll be ready in 5 minutes." I say before closing the door, creating a barrier between us.
"I'll be waiting." He yells. "Of course you will." I say under my breath.

*

I stand beside Santiago as we wait for the brown doors to open.
"You ready for this?" He asks me for the 50th time today. "Yes, of course!"

The doors finally open as I see our guests standing from their seats, and my eyes roam the room as me and Santiago walk down the aisle together.

My eyes meet with Noah's dark eyes, pulling me closer with each step I take.
His eyes become glossy, and I watch as a tear falls down his cheek. No way this man is crying!

We finally come to a stop, and Santiago places a kiss on my cheek. He turns to Noah, giving him a handshake.
"Take good care of her you asshole." I hear Santiago whisper to Noah. We all share a good laugh together before continuing the ceremony.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the marriage of Noah Slade and Maya Castillo."
"The groom has requested to say a few vows."
"I thought we weren't going to do vows?" I whisper to Noah. "I have a few things to say."

Noah takes a deep breath.
"Maya, I knew the moment I met you, there was something special about you. Your energy and charm was something that was definitely questionable but always radiates."
I laugh as I feel the tears forming in my eyes.

"I regret not getting to know you sooner, but I don't regret reuniting with you and your brother. Our time together has brought obstacles but we always overcame them together, and if that isn't a sign that we're meant to be then I don't what is."

"Our worlds were completely different but overtime, we've become one. I was a lost man when we met, and I found the pieces of myself with you. You brought out so much more that I didn't know I had inside me, and I appreciate you and our beautiful princess everyday. My love for you is infinite, and I plan to show you everyday and every night."

I am pretty sure my makeup is ruined from how much I've cried.
"Beautiful words from the groom. Before we continue, would anyone like to object?"

Noah's scans the room with a death stare to everyone. A grin shows on his face in amusement, making me laugh.

"Do you, Noah Slade, take Maya Castillo to be your lawfully wedded wife? To hold, from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or pourer, in sickness and in heath, to love and cherish, till death do us part?"
"I do."

"Do you, Maya Castillo, take Noah Slade to be your lawfully wedded husband? To hold, from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or pourer, in sickness and in heath, to love and cherish, till death do us part?"
"I do."

"May we have the rings?"
I look behind Noah as Luna carry's the pillow with our wedding bands. Noah kisses her forehead before taking our rings. I firstly take his ring and slip it on his finger.
Noah slips my ring on my finger against my engagement ring.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride."
Noah lifts my veil and places his hands on my cheek. He pulls me closer as our lips connect passionately.

Mixture of our saliva and our tears mix in our kiss. There isn't anything rough or hungry about our kiss. This kiss was slow and romantic, signaling our love.

Here we are, husband and wife.
Mr. and Mrs. Noah Slade.

Thank you for reading today's chapter

Our baby is all grown up now! Only a 2 chapters left before the ending and I don't know if I'm ready!
But I am ready for my next book series to come for you all!!!

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3