( In Space with Markiplier ) Mark x reader || something has to happen

This week had been surprisingly great.

The warp core had been stable.

The ship didn't experience difficulties.

No asteroids colliding with the ship in days.

This week had actually been swell, it seemed to calm everyone else down as well.

You decided to give everyone their breaks, and let them do whatever they wanted for the day.

Well, almost everyone.

Mark.

This man had been filled with anxiety since the first day where nothing went wrong.

He freaked out at any sign of danger;

the lights flickering,

any loud noises,

and pretty much every time something remotely bad happens.

He once made up a theory that the ship was going to blow up, just because his coffee was cold.

So, I think it's safe to say he's been a little freaked out this week. It's actually been worrying you from how bad his anxiety was.

You simply let out a soft sigh and set down your glass cup on the table. It's been a while since you heard from Mark, which makes sense.

He decided to give himself orders for once and check the entire ship, looking for dangers.

You sighed once more, knowing he's just freaking everyone else out by freaking out.

So you quickly got up from your seat and made your way through the ship.

Everything seemed normal at first, crew mates waved at you, Danny tried to seduce you, and Gunther saluted you.

It was all normal, until you had got to the cryo-chamber. The doors were pouring a cold, icy fog from every crevice.

"MARK!"

You heard Celci shout, sounding as angry as a hundred Christians who had just found out that gay people exist.

An exhale exited through your nose as you went through the door.

A blank expression rested on your face as you did so, not expecting much trouble from Mark.

It's Mark, he's a nice guy, it's not like he would-

The door opened, and you immediately saw Mark frantically pushing buttons on the control panel.

"MARK STOP!"

"BUT SOMETHING HAS TO HAPPEN!!"

Celci was trying to pry him from the panel, punching and clawing at his body.

You immediately sprinted over to Mark and grabbed him.

Wrapping your arms tightly around his torso and ripping him from the control panel.

He kicked and flailed his arms and legs as soon as you did so.

Shrieking and screaming about the ship being in danger and that you should let him go.

Mark was screaming like he was a fucking Howler Monkey.

Chaos filled your eardrums as you...essentially just carried him out of the cryo chamber.

It took WAYYY too long to finally calm him down. You knew you couldn't simply shove him into his sleep chamber, that's just cruel.

But thankfully you managed to calm him down by turning off the lights in one of the rooms, and throwing a blanket over him.

Sure, it didn't work immediately, but he eventually calmed down, especially after calmly speaking to him.

You told him that nothing was wrong with the ship, and that it was going to be okay. He didn't believe you at first, but he eventually complied.

Now he's just sitting in the corner of the dark room, wrapped in a blanket like a burrito.

Himbo burrito.

"Captain.." He called from the corner, catching your attention as you stood from the beverage-machine.

You were getting him some tea. "Yes?"

He looked at his feet the entire time, not daring to look you in the eyes, especially after that freak out.

"I'm sorry," Mark whispered softly, the sound of regret in his voice. He shuffled a bit in his blanket.

You exhaled through your nose softly and grabbed his mug, which you filled with tea.

He still didn't look up at you as you walked over to him, he just continued to stare down at his feet the entire time.

"It's alright, Mark," You smiled softly, handing him his tea filled mug.

Mark just shook his head and gently took the mug.

"No, no, no it's not," He took a small sip as he spoke. Licking his lips after sipping, showing he likes the tea.

You wanted to pat his back, but you weren't entirely sure if he would be okay with that at the moment. So you just sat there.

"No, Mark, it really is alright," You slowly leaned in closer, looking for any signs that he wanted you to back away.

"You're just so used to the ship nearly blowing up everyday," You calmly explained to your dear friend.

"But you have to calm down for a while, not everything can turn out bad," You smiled softly, watching as Madk slowly looked up at you.

He looked like he didn't believe you. So you just let out a soft sigh. "Mark.."

"I know it's scary living in space," You softly, and gently put your hand on his shoulder.

"But you're strong, you've lived here for years. I'm sure you can make it through the weekend, buddy,"

Mark just blinked a few times before a tiny smile rested on his face, still looking guilty from his actings from before.

You smiled.

"Thank you, Markimoo," You brushed a big strand of hair away from his face, as you spoke.

You then planted a gentle kiss on his forehead. "I'll even stay with you, if you want,"

————————————————
————————————————
I know this is shitty, and not as comforting as I'm making it out to be, but it's just a thought that entered my brain.

Also; I'm bad at reading over stuff, so please don't freak out if I used the wrong words, or misspelled anything.

Also, I'll be working for this in a while

ALSO:

Big announcement!!!

I will TRY doing smut, unfortunately though, I will not be taking requests at the moment.