prologue

Written by original writer
Note whenever she will come back I will duly delete the story from my account and request her to republish it.
Thank u
Now back to story

Prologue

"uncle.. Uncle, please save me, meri family Zabardasti meri shaadi kara rahi hai, please muje bacha lijiye" she pleaded.

The man asked the other person on call to hold and turned around to find a girl dressed in a red bridal dress. She was panting heavily and her face was stained with tears. He looked behind her to find a group of people screaming a girl's name. Though they were far behind he could see the colour fading from the girl's face as she heard the voice.

Without wasting a second, he quickly guided her to his car and drove away.

When assured they were at a safe distance, the man spoke up, "tumhe darr nahi laga ki aise ek anjaan par tumne bharosa kar liya"

"iss samay par muje sirf uss shaadi se..uss..uss ghar se... kisi bi tarah bachhna tha...aapne meri madad kari..vahi..vahi mere liye bohat hai" she replied, trying to calm her shivering self.

The man looked at the girl's condition. He could say that she was not older than 20. He debated with his inner self what to do. It was almost midnight, should he inform the police station? Or should he just ask if she has any other plan?

"Tumhara koi dost..ya koi..tum kahan jana chahti ho?".. He didn't know how to voice his question.

" mujhe kahi bhi le jayie, bas Kapurthala se dur" she replied looking outside.

The man nodded. Now what? ---Chandigarh?

*****

The gate to Sabharwal residence opened and the watchman gave a salute. The man nodded and pulled the brakes. After getting out of the car, the man instructed the security to keep a strict check and to not allow any stranger inside the premises. He then guided the girl towards the main entrance. Her head was bent and she followed him like a doll.

The man rang the bell and was welcomed by his better half "arey Shaan aagye aap..." and she trailed off looking at the girl beside him. She looked at Shaan with questioning eyes to which he gestured that he will speak about it later.

When they settled in the living room, Shaan started "Aastha, yeh ladki.. Kya naam hai tumhara?"

"Anokhi" she replied in a slow whisper.

"Mai phone par baat karne ke liye car se neeche utra tha, tab anokhi aay mere paas madad mangne. Iske parivar wale zabardasti iski shaadi kara rahe the toh yeh unse bachna chahti thi. Ab aisi halat mei itni raat ko akele ni chor sakta tha toh saath le aya" he explained and Aastha nodded.

She glanced at anokhi's face which was ruined due to tears and smudged makeup. Her tresses were pinned in a bun and some strands were tied untidily behind her ears. She was trembling and trying to cover herself with the pallu.

"Anokhi..." she called softly

"ji.. Ji.." Anokhi almost jumped

"arey... Daro matt.. Aao mere sath chalo. Change karke thoda rest karlo, hum dekhte hai ki kaise tumhari madad kar sakte hai. Tum tension matt lo. " Aastha assured and took her hands to lead anokhi to the room which was upstairs.