CHAPTER 2

Written by original writer
Note whenever she will come back I will duly delete the story from my account and request her to republish it.
Thank u
Now back to story
Enjoy!!!!!

Few days passed by and Anokhi's presence for Shaurya became equal to NIL. He would cleverly ignore her by leaving early in the morning and coming back late. Thus, preventing any chance for them to come face to face.

Shaurya had even shared with Yash and Aahir about the incident and the undivided attention that was being showered on the "girl", whose name he didn't even care to remember. Being his best buddies, they kept assuring him that soon everything would come back to normal and instead of worrying about the small-town girl, as they had started to tag her, he should focus on his career - whether he wanted to join the college with his dad or pursue his masters.

The deliberate attempts of shaurya to avoid anokhi didn't go unnoticed by Shaan and Aastha. They sensed his discomfort and therefore, didn't force him to have any conversation with Anokhi or about Anokhi. Just like he never interfered in the decisions they took for her.

***

On the other side, Anokhi was getting better day by day. She had started to talk about general things which relieved Shaan and Aastha to a great extent. They hoped that one day she would be in a position to answer their questions.

Moreover, Anokhi's blur memory of shaurya got cleared after seeing his photographs in the living room. She noticed him as a well-built man with a sharp jawline. And for what she had deciphered, he was 2 or 3 years older than her. Though he wouldn't even glance in her direction, she had not failed to notice his incredible dressing sense.

Coming to not even looking at her, anokhi had been aware of shaurya's resentment towards her and she had accepted it as a normal reaction. She was herself feeling like a burden on the family and even wanted to leave on one such day, but they were adamant about her safety, which was quite overwhelming for her. Her own parents had never shown this much concern, forget this much, they were barely concerned for her.

So she didn't make any effort to leave the room. She would go downstairs only for the 3 meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Other time, she would stick to the room and read the newspaper or drift off to sleep.

***

On one fine day, after a week of Anokhi's arrival.

Aastha and anokhi were sitting at the dining table with Aastha slicing fruits for breakfast. They were discussing anokhi's likes and dislikes. Shaan too joined the conversation and got to know that Anokhi had given her 12th exams last year and had scored 94%. But due to some uncalled circumstances, which she wasn't ready to divulge, she had to take a break from her education. Anokhi expressed her dream of being an independent girl and her passion to study further.

After some time, Shaan passed a look to Aastha and gathering some courage, he asked

"Anokhi beta, mai janta hu tum abhi iss bare mei kuch baat nahi karna chahti par tumhari safety ke liye kya mai tumse kuch sawal puch sakta hu?" Anokhi's smile faded away, and after pondering on it a little, she nodded. Aastha smiled and held her hand as a support.

"tum apni shaadi se bhaagi kyu?"

"Sir please koi bhi sawal kar lijiye par iska jawab main nahi de paungi" her voice was a slow whisper.