CHAPTER 4

Written by original writer
Note whenever she will come back I will duly delete the story from my account and request her to republish it.
Thank u
Now back to story

Note: Monologues are in bold

***

Exiting the airport, Shaurya hailed a taxi and within half an hour, they reached the society. As SIAC was a part of the south campus, their tower was located in Greater Kailash and it was a 10 storey building with 2 flats on each floor.

Shaurya already had the key to his house and it took an hour to complete the formalities for Anokhi's apartment, which was, to his utter dismay, opposite to his flat.

"Pehle ghar mei rehti thi, ab ghar ke samne rahegi..... Bhagwan ji kya dushmani hai apko mujse?" Shaurya grumbled inwardly.

"Ab roz inka chehra dekhna padega? Itni achi shakal hai fir bhi saddu sa muh banakar ghumte rehte hai. Pta nahi kya problem hai inhe! " thought Anokhi as she glanced at shaurya's irritated face

By the time everything was done, it was already 10 p.m. Finally, after being together for almost 7 hours, both took a breath of relief as they stood at the threshold of their respective flats.

After giving a "goodbye" glance to each other, they entered and closed the door behind, with the hope to not face a situation like this ever again.

***
Anokhi's flat.

Anokhi placed her suitcase in a corner and her eyes became a little moist as she looked around her apartment, her home for the next 3 years. It was a 1BHK flat as compared to shaurya's 2BHK, as she wanted to make the rent easy to pay.

The hall was a small living area with walls painted in cream colour and a balcony attached to it. A couch was placed on the right side, with a wooden coffee table in front of it and towards the left, was a 4 seater dining table.

Turning to the right, a small passage led her to the kitchen and the bedroom. The kitchen was well-lit with wooden cabinets and modern fittings of taps. It had a tiny fridge and few daily use utensils. Anokhi quickly opened the notepad on her phone and started making a list of the groceries required.

She then entered the bedroom. It had wooden flooring and was furnished with a double bed in the centre, a two-door almirah on the right and a dresser and study table on the left. Anokhi placed her bag in the almirah, intending to arrange her clothes the next day and plopped down on the bed.

She started admiring the small paintings that were hanging on the walls, mentally making a note of buying a wall clock as well. She then texted Aastha and Shaan about her arrival in Delhi, and thanked them for such a well-furnished flat.

As Anokhi looked around the empty hall and bedroom, a strange emotion coiled inside her stomach. She was feeling happy and sad at the same time. Sighing, she opened her FB account and quickly typed in a name. Clicking on one of the familiar accounts, she started browsing through the photographs.

"Papaji, mummiji, apki nikki puttar Delhi aagy hai. Uski zindagi ka naya chapter start hone jaa rha hai...... Kitni ajeeb baat hai na? Jab mujhe apki or apke ashirward ki sabse zyada zarurat hai tab hi aap mere paas nahi ho. Lekin jab meri zindagi narkk banne jaa rahi thi, tab aap usmei khushi khushi shaamil hogye. (she laughed sarcastically) ....Kyu? Kyu mujhe bachpan se kabhi apse vo pyaar, vo support nahi mila jo mere bhai..huh! Bhai kehlane ke layak nahi hai vo..." Some old memories made their way, and Anokhi instantly shrugged them off by tossing her phone on the bed. No! She can't..she have to forget it. It took some moments for her to regain the composure and she quickly made her way to the washroom.