CHAPTER13

Written by original writer
Note whenever she will come back I will duly delete the story from my account and request her to republish it.
Thank u
Now back to story
Enjoy this update!!!!

T

he next few days following their conversation bought a change in Shaurya and Anokhi's bonding.

After sharing with Anokhi a significant part of him made Shaurya feel emotionally closer to her while Anokhi too started seeing Shaurya in a different light observing more closely his moods, acknowledging his efforts leading to them establishing a comfort level. 

The hugs became a casual occurrence, they started traveling together more and made sure of spending at least 10 to 15 minutes alone time after college, having conversations on any topic whatsoever which acted as a booster after the hectic schedule of balancing studies and society's work.

They got to know more of each other's likes, dislikes, pet peeves etcetera. Shaurya learnt that Anokhi is scared of darkness and is not a fan of riding a motorbike whereas Anokhi was shocked to know Shaurya's fear of heights.

In between all this, Ahir had to travel to Chandigarh for 2 days and after coming back he spent most of his time catching up with his missed syllabus. Reema and Kabir were busy with the preparation of the Dandiya fest which was to be held in the first week of October.

Hence, after the unofficial freshers, the group hardly got any time together.

***

It was friday and Anokhi had received her first offer letter to many of the internships that she had applied to. It was for the post of editor for an online blog.

The money was decent and the time was flexible because the pay was per article that she would write for the blog. So, it was not a burdensome task and it allowed her to focus on her academics simultaneously.

She communicated this news to Reema who decided to celebrate this occasion and thus planned a night stay at Anokhi's flat in which they would watch a movie, order food and have some fun.

Accordingly, Reema was in the hall arranging the popcorns on the table while Anokhi was in her bedroom trying the gift bought by Reema.

Her phone beeped and Reema clapped her hands with joy opening the front door. She shushed the visitors, inviting them in and they all began arranging and organizing the living room.

5 minutes later, Anokhi strode into the hall, her eyes lowered sizing up the skin her knee-length shorts were revealing "Reema, thank you for this gift but I don't think I can kee-" the rest of the words died in her throat as her sight landed on the group of people standing before her.

Kabir was holding a bottle of soft drink, Ahir was clutching a cushion and Shaurya was bending down to arrange the bean bags that he had bought from his house.

Perhaps, they all stilled and halted their tasks the moment Anokhi barged in wearing a pink nightdress that had cute little pandas printed all over it.

They kept staring at her, amusement dancing in their eyes while Anokhi flushed clasping the hems of her shirt. Well, this is embarrassing.

"Surprise" Reema exclaimed, breaking the silence.

Anokhi glared at her, her palms curling into fists while all of the others bite their lips, fighting back the chuckle.