CHAPTER 3

Written by original writer
Note whenever she will come back I will duly delete the story from my account and request her to republish it.
Thank u
Now back to story

Note: Monologues are in bold.

Shaurya looked at the calendar "Ek dinn orr... (pause).. kya socha tha orr kya hogya!! " and he punched the wall next to it.

Yash and Aahir almost jumped from their places, and gulped looking at their friend burning in lava of anger.

"Shaurya tu kyu uske baare mei itna soch rha hai? Tuje toh khush hona chahiye ki uncle or aunty uss ladki ko padha kar ek charity ka kaam kar rahe hai." said Aahir, trying to make him understand the situation from another aspect.

"lekin muje koi interest nahi hai iss charity ka part banne mei! ",shaurya looked at his friends, his eyes blazing fire and continued "Shock toh 2 dinn baad lagega jab uss behenji ko dekhna padega" He groaned recalling the braided hair and plain suits that he had to witness every morning when he would climb downstairs. "such a horrible dressing sense"

"dekh sirf delhi land karne takk tuje use jhelna hai. Uske baad tu kon or vo kon." Yash tried to cool him down.

"par college mei toh roz uski shakal dekhni padegi. Meri reputation ka kabada ho jaega agar usne mujse baat bhi kari toh." Shaurya tried to voice his inner turmoil. Only staying in the same building was such a big deal for him and to his utter dismay, she would be in the same college as well. However, he was thankful that the floors would be different for masters and graduation batches.

"bhai dekh, tu use delhi jaate hi samjha diyo ki tujse door rahe. Bas! Problem solved." Yash patted his shoulder.

Shaurya still needed assurance, "agar nahi maani toh?"

"toh jab mai delhi aaunga, tab apne style se use samjha denge" Aahir winked. Shaurya smiled in relief and pulled the duo in a hug.

***

On the other side, Anokhi was packing the clothes that were bought by Aastha. There were suits, jeans, tops and some modern dresses. She wondered what she would do with them as she had never worn anything apart from salwar kameez or kurti.

While folding them, Anokhi recalled how she reacted when Shaan suggested shifting to Delhi for pursuing higher studies. She wasn't ready for it at all. The decision was totally unexpected. But when aastha explained her the situation, leaving the city seemed the only feasible option. Now when she think of it, maybe she would have done the same if she hadn't landed here.

As Anokhi closed the suitcase, she looked up and prayed "mata rani.. Apne humesha muje sahi raasta dikhaya hai.. Ab naye sheher mei bi mera saath dena".

Though, Anokhi was looking forward to a new beginning, the very thought of moving to a new city, managing every single thing on her own, and top of it, adjusting to a new lifestyle, scared her. This new anxiety only added to her nightmares and she barely slept at night.

She kept reminding herself that once she embarks on the new journey, there was no looking back. She would not let her past govern her future. She would keep herself strong, her vulnerabilities hidden. Otherwise, the world would pull her down and crumble her like a piece of paper. Just like what had happened with her since childhood.