CHAPTER 5

Written by original writer
Note whenever she will come back I will duly delete the story from my account and request her to republish it.
Thank u
Now back to story

Note: Monologues are in bold

***

The Next day

Wrapping the sandwiches in a foil, Anokhi stuffed the lunch box in her bag along with a register and a few pens. Though Aastha had lent her plentiful to survive until she lands a part-time job, Anokhi decided to limit her spending on travelling, groceries and books only, instead of wasting it on canteen food or in unnecessary shopping for that matter. 

Zipping the bag, she turned to look into the mirror and tied her hair in a half-tie. Adjusting the sleeves of her red crop top, Anokhi traced a finger on the piping of the square neckline, making sure that the cut was not so deep.

It was the first time that she was wearing something like this. Though Anokhi felt a little uncomfortable in the skinny jeans, she was pleased with her look. She then dabbed some red lip gloss and tied her shoelaces.

Picking up the wristwatch, she looked at the time- 8:00 am. The orientation for all the batches was to start from 10:00. Anokhi browsed through the google maps and concluded that it would take her approx 45 minutes to reach the campus. But if she was lucky enough to catch the metro on time, she could reach within a half-hour. 

Swinging the bag on her shoulder, Anokhi decided to reach the campus early so that she could have some time to look around and maybe if time permits, sneak into the library for borrowing few books. 

Locking the kitchen and bedroom, Anokhi came into the hall and prayed to the statue of Mata Rani, wishing success and happiness for herself as well as for the Sabharwal family. When she reached the board to switch off the lights, her phone rang. It was a video call from Aastha. Anokhi's lips curved up in a broad smile and she answered the call before the third ring.

"Namaste Aunty, good morning", Anokhi greeted as she plopped on the couch.

"Good morning beta. Kaisi ho? Tyari hogy pehle dinn ki?" 

"Mai achi hu aunty. Bas college ke liye hi nikal rahi thi. Aap sab kaise ho?" 

"Hum bhi ache hai. Orientation mei toh 2 ghante hai. Itni jaldi kyu jaa rahi ho?" Aastha took a seat at the dining table, setting the phone on a stand.

"Aunty, Delhi naya sheher hai, orr mujhe yahan ke raaste nahi pta. Shayad travelling mei bhi time lagg sakta hai. So, i don't want to take any risk."

"Bohat sahi socha tumne. Orr vahan mera shaurya,.... subah se phone kar rahi hu lekin switched off hai. " Aastha complained, her lips twisted in a frown while Anokhi remained silent. She didn't want to say anything about or against him.

"Mai bhi kya baatein lekar baith gy. Tum college jao and all the best. Dhyaan rakhna apna" Aastha smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

"Thank you aunty". Anokhi gave a flying kiss in return and cut the call. She then switched off the lights and locked the main door. Flinging the bag on her right shoulder, she started to go towards the staircase when her phone rang again.

"Anokhi beta sorry mai aise pareshan kar rahi hu. Lekin please ek baar shaurya se meri baat karva sakti ho? Vo phone nahi utha rha " Aastha asked anxiously.