Ch. 1

3rd pov

(y/n) hums softly as she brushed her hair

She heard the door open and someone knocking.

"(y/n)-ya" law calls as (y/n) sighs

"you should've knocked before you called" (y/n) rolled her eyes as law chuckled.

"it's alright, and besides... I'm your doctor, anyway... Why is your hair so long?" (y/n) hums as she turned

Her hair was long and silky that reached the back of her knees.

(if your hair is short, pls forgive me but it's for plot, I swear... And I promise you'll have your own hair length soon)

"my hair? Well, I just wanted to. Is there a reason I have to?" she asks as she curled it up into a bun.

"oh nothing, it's just that I find it weird..." law shrugged, "anyway... May I speak to you in my office after? I need to discuss some things with you"

"of course, I'll be with you sir" she nods.

"good" he grinned and left.

Later....

"what do you want to discuss with me sir?" (y/n) asks as she instinctively took a seat in one of the arm chairs on either sides of his desk.

"I wanted to ask, why was the marine base not mentioned?"

"not... Mentioned? Oh, right... In the map we have, marine bases aren't actually present and this base is one of the newer ones, therefore it wasn't seen until being viewed by the island" she explained.

"in the map... We have?"

"yes, our map is quite outdated, considering they build bases every three years and so" she hums.

"well.... We should buy newer maps then?"

"I do not suggest we do that, the marines must've changed the maps here by now... Maybe in the next island... But then, one of the possible islands are one of high-end, meaning the rich live there"

"then let's try to avoid that one, marines tend to show off to rich people" law grunted

(y/n) just nods as law hummed.

"is the log set?"

"as I am aware, it would set tomorrow morning, and until then, I'm pretty sure we're the last one in this sub as we speak" (y/n) said as law looked out the window and groaned.

"those fucking- never mind, want to go drinking with me?"

"out?"

"no, no... Just by the gallery, I bought some wine and I wish to share with you" law smiles softly, she failed to notice this but agreed.

....

"this wine tastes delicious, I like it" law hummed.

"but I presume the wine's brand is quite expensive, no?" she asks.

"yeah, it is quite expensive... What is this... 'Farcia wine'? Made from the Farcia dawn winery..."

"I see.. Farcia wine is expensive, all forms of liquor, actually... They've got gin, whiskey, beer, even tonic... And they're specially groomed for customer's satisfaction, they take pride in the quality of their products... Quite nice actually" (y/n) hums.

"I see... Then wine isn't the only drinks they make?"

"like I mentioned, they make all kinds of liquor, from beer to gin to tonic, even."

"hmm... How do you know?" law asks as he took a sip from his wine

"I just..." (y/n) mumbled as she circled the wine glass and watch the wine stir, "... It's just pretty darn simple... I've worked there before, they actually set up a casino and serve those drinks"

"really? What's your role there?" law asks.

"I was a waiter, bartender, and a hostess to the VIP section" she explained

"that's so many, you work those three jobs?"

"by schedule, yes, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I work as a waitress, Tuesday, and Thursday, I work as a bartender while the weekends however is me being the VIP hostess..." she explains.

"tell me, I hear different kinds of 'hostess' jobs, what kind of hostess are you?" law asks as he poured himself a glass.

"the decent kind, I book in rich assholes, host their parties, check them into the casino hotel, some even bring women with them... Gross" (y/n) cringed.

"ah... I thought the... Other... Kind" law grumbled.

"you pervert" (y/n) rolled her eyes.

"is it hard working as a hostess? Well, working in such a famous casino in general?"

"well, being a hostess is one thing, clingy rich assholes try to get their way, one even paid me to sit with him for a million berries...." (y/n) mumbled, "in the end of that night, I gained three million" (y/n) grinned against the glass.

Law scoffed a laugh.

"how about working there?"

"well, the bosses were strict but they're very hands on with their employees, teaching them hand to hand everything they need to know... And the staff itself, they're very nice and very kind as well, just like this crew" she hummed, "but even more chaotic... One time, they were playing truth or dare, a guy was dared to kiss another, the one that was about to get kissed laughed and started running... I think you know what happened and who got laid off"

Law laughs

"yeah, they're more chaotic than this crew" he hummed..

"yup, one of my bosses... He's actually quite the amusing guy, he's... On the side of strict but can get overly friendly with his employees... My first day working there, he gave me my uniform with a cute bow that said 'work hard' on it with a smiley face, kinda feels nice to know that big bosses aren't asshats." (y/n) hums.

"really? I Think I want to meet the buy, haha... How many bosses do you have?"

"two, that guy and the other... The other is quite strict and demanding, only talks about work, but you can hang out with him outside of work"

"I see... So they run this... Winery and casino? The ability to do this... I bet they don't even have time for themselves!" law looked at the half empty wine bottle.

"nope. You guessed wrong, they have executives that handle them, they basically take two day offs in a week" (y/n) hummed.

"what... Oh, what did I even expect" law chuckled.

"but, those two... I kinda miss them..."