Ch. 24

3rd pov

Law groaned against his office desk with his arms crossed against the table and his head buried in them.

Penguin just laughed from the left chair.

"come on captain, pull yourself together" shachi snickered

"yeah captain! You can do it!... Somehow... I'm sorry!" bepo said behind him.

"I literally can't... Every time I even try as much as ask her out for dinner, she proceeds to tell me her schedule. Which has absolute no space whatsoever" law grumbled

"come on captain, keep trying at least... I mean, maybe she doesn't take the hint?"

"I might as well tell her the truth then"

"that obvious? Man..." shachi hummed.

Someone knocked on the door

"who is it?" law grumbled.

"(y/n), sir" she called.

In her hands were three files he requested earlier this day, but there are so many files she just found the ones he needed this afternoon.

"watch this... Come in"

(y/n) came in and saw three of his childhood friends inside, she proceeds to ignore them and shut the door behind her.

"here are the files you requested sir, it took me a while to get these... Hope you didn't mind" law hummed as she placed the files on the desk

"what are those again?"

"the incident report, the expense report, and maintenance costs... I should've labeled these" (y/n) mumbled when she realized all files looked the same

"eh, you'll know once you open the file" she huffed to herself.

"(y/n)-ya"

"yes? Sir?" law hummed lightly.

"are you free this week? I wish to walk around town with you" he hummed.

"I might have to reject that offer, you see... I have files to write down, I have reports to continue, I have maintenence to check... So much work in a week" (y/n) sighed.

"maybe some dinner instead?"

"like I said, I am busy... I do apologize, and I shall now leave since I forgot I left klione alone in the... Uh... Navigation room" (y/n) said as she left immediately

"since when was leaving klione-ya in the navigation room...?"

*rattle

"... That" shachi hums.

Later on...

Who knew klione was such a bad driver?

(y/n) now stir the sub towards the island as klione was tied to a chair in one corner.

"good thing you got it under control" law said once he walked in then noticed klione on one corner, squirming with muffled screams, "why is he tied up?"

"he wants to stir the ship." (y/n) hums.

"o-oh... I see... But do you actually have to tie him in a chair?"

"I banned him but he did not comply, so I tied him"

Law only hummed and looked back at klione who huffed and still tried to get out of the chair.

"sorry klione-ya, learn your lesson" law said and walked beside (y/n) and watched her work.

"can you stir for a second captain? I need to check the directions if I got it right" she hummed and let him hold the wheel.

She walked over to the desk and looked at various 'notes' bepo left.

They were scribbles of whatever but at least the coordinates were clear.

"100 699 -78" she repeats, "okay we're going the right way" she nods and went to hold the wheel again

"I don't mind stirring the ship (y/n)-ya" law objects but (y/n) just let him and sat on the chair by the desk and work on a few pieces.

"(y/n)-ya" he called as (y/n) hummed

"there's a question I've been meaning to ask you" he starts as (y/n) looked at him

"what might that be?"

"you know, how you're always a professional when doing anything in particular, have you ever... Like... Loosened up a bit and lost your professionalism for at least a day?" law asked as (y/n) hummed lightly.

"there was, yeah... But, it's been a long time since I did, so I don't quite remember what, how, and why I did..." (y/n) shrugged

"then... Why are you always a professional? I mean, I can be professional most of the time but... You know, I can't always do that"

"well, if it's a line of work, I am, and always will be, professional but, if it's my personal life I'm dealing with, I'd still be a pro at it because it's my life, one wrong move and it can roll downhill" she hums.

"who taught you that?"

"mostly myself, I've seen people have their lives down the drain with just as small as a step, I don't want it to be that way, I know life has its ups and downs, but I don't want my 'down' to be totally 'down'" she hummed.

"is that so? Hmm..." he thinks a bit, "what is a possibility that you can loosen up a bit?"

"why so?"

"I just want to ask, never have I seen you loosen up or just enjoy your life... Just as your dad said"

"life is short but death is longer, I know" she rolled her eyes, "it's just the fact that I learned, in all my time inside a big corporal management, professionalism plays a big role in the company, like... A massive role" she explains

"isn't that right?" he chuckled, "but this isn't a 'corporal management' now is it?"

"I know... It's just a habit of mine that as long as I have a boss that runs everything it's like a management to me..." she huffed, "why do you want to know anyway?" she asked

"oh nothing... Nothing at all" he said, "say... This boss thing you refer to... Is that me?"

"yeah... Pretty much, from your title alone, Captain Trafalgar Law. That's pretty self-explanatory now is it?"

"true..." he hummed, "but I can be your friend"

(y/n) just stared at him blankly before laughing

"you're funny captain" she turned back to her work.

"I'm not even..." law huffed

Meanwhile...

'do they see me?' klione groaned

"oi! Notice me you ass hats!" he yelled but was muffled

'I hate this place'