Ch. 22

3rd pov

Anyone can jok with (y/n) anytime, but do expect her to revert back to her professional self once she gets bored of the joke or when she gets tired of it.

And until now, law can't get over the fact that (y/n) is so much more professional than him, regards anything.

She can joke if she wants, but that's when she's in a specific good mood.

Like if she finished all her jobs for a week in just a day, which is rare.

And maybe stocking up all the supplies way, WAY, before law wants it due and fix it accordingly to his expectation.

The last one was pretty much almost every time, but she feels proud that she's done.

"(y/n)-ya" he called making (y/n) turn to him

"yeah?"

"do you have time today? I was thinking if you could go out with me at a bar to meet someone" law asks, at the back of his head, it screamed 'PLEASE SAY YES!' while the other half 'please say no....' in a whisper.

"who?"

"an informant, an insider from the marines"

"is that so...? Okay, I will..."

'yes!' he thought and didn't expect it to manifest itself physically.

"what time though?" she remained professional and stopped the smirk that rose on her features.

"maybe... Before lunch, we'll join him for lunch though, so... Maybe we'll have time to... Roam around the island?" law asked

"sure... I'm done with my chores anyway..."

Law nods and left only to rush to his room and scream into his pillow like a teenage girl who just asked her crush out.

"captain?" bepo called through the door, his ears picked up his muffled scream... Shriek?

"what?"

"are you okay? I'm sorry..."

Law forgot his first mate has a sensitive hearing

"I'm... Alright, what is it though?"

"the informant called... He said he'll arrive now..." bepo mumbled as law hummed

"I'll be right with him" law hums

....

"who's this informant? Captain?" (y/n) asks as she looks around the bar

"like I said, he's a marine spy"

"won't he rat us out? Considering both our bounties are high,"

"no, no... He won't" law chuckled at her cautious perspective

"I'm just saying, you know?"

"hello, trafalgar and.... You are?" a deep voiced male said beside them

(y/n) turned to look and hell, she recognized him by the tall structure.

"oh cut it out eret" (y/n) rolled her eyes, "so you're the informant?"

"I am," he shrugged, his voice was so deep, "I'm here with corpse, he's currently investigating some claim" eret hums

He had dark brown hair, pure white eyes under those dark sunglasses, he wore a white shirt and black pants, his height was 6'3 but was added an inch because of his glossy heeled boots.

"you know each other?" law asks and looked at (y/n) for an answer.

"yeah, he's the almighty asshole of the class back then" she rolled her eyes.

"not an asshole," eret huffs and took a seat

"oh? Then what're ya? A God?"

"hmm... I'd take that as a compliment" he laughs

"back to the topic of why we're here..." law grunted, seemingly jealous "what are the marines up to?"

"well, they made a weapon the spits fire and metal. It's pretty deadly, and it's not the cannonballs, no, it's worse than that... Considering they have enough materials" eret said in a professional manner.

"why would they make such a weapon?"

"I've seen it myself, and the higher ups said that it'll be a weapon they'll use once they commenced buster call on any island... That weapon can wipe out any island in two fires of it..."

"how do you know?" law asked.

"I've seen the demo of it, it's the beta version... But the final version... It'll be more deadly than the last"

"what kind of monsters are they...? Destroying an island like they made it..." (y/n) rambled.

"it should be disposed off... Immediately. But... Where is it?"

"currently, it is being shipped to the main base as we speak, but... It still lingers... Why would they make those weapons?"

Silence...

"I know..." (y/n) said

"what is it?"

"remember when that marine Sergent went to the palace? They want the island for its popularity and currency, along with the riches just by the shore and the gold that lies underneath." (y/n) explains, "they think that if they threatened the citizens with this... They'd have the citizens side with them and against the royal palace..."

"no way..." eret paled, it is his home island after all

"but... Why? It's so clear that they don't want to give it to the marines, why would they pursue?" law asked

"like I said, the treasure underneath, the popularity, even the riches its waters have. It's... They're greedy bastards. They want... The island"

"(y/n). That is all speculation, isn't it?" eret asks

"no. I'm sure of it... Once the beta is complete, along with the main one, they will publish it to the news paper, go to the island with it, and threaten the royal family..." (y/n) sighs.

"then you must warn them"

"heh, ahead of time" eret smirked.

"what do you mean?" (y/n) asks.

"well, I found out that there's this island destroyer, I made sure to notify the island as well" eret hummed

"good. I thought I have to do it myself" (y/n) rolled her eyes the third time today.

"any other news?" law tried to steer the conversation away.

"hmm... Right, two new recruits, they immediately got ranked up to admiral on their first day, and no, it's not some power they have, it's their strenght."

"have you met them?"

"no... Not yet... But I have to be cautious... Despite not meeting them I already know they're unto me"

"good luck to you, then" she shrugs

"heh, of course..."
.....

"are you sure you're just friends?" law asked as they ate at a restaurant.

(y/n) hummed a small 'yep.'

"oh... I... I see"

"why? You sound jealous, captain?" (y/n) calls

"I told you, you can call me by my name if it's just us two" law scoffed.

"can't help it, you're still my captain so I shall refer to you as a captain" (y/n) hums softly as she sipped on her drink.

Law nods lightly, feeling dismay in his heart, the fact that (y/n) has... She still treats him as a captain and not as a friend, as it should be in her opinion