Ch. 13

3rd pov

"are you sure it doesn't bother?" dice asks, worried about his daughter's safety because of the snow.

They were inside the lounge room alongside the crackling fire and a glass window and door to see outside.

It was just law, Lucifer, puffy, and Kristen in the room with dice trying to stop (y/n) from leaving to her supposed affairs

"relaaaaax, I got this. It's not the first time I ventured through snow now is it?" (y/n) hummed

"(y/n), dear, please listen to me... Leave Sapnap to checking the materials... You could get hurt" dice said as he made (y/n) look at him, she sighed and smiled softly

"dad. Look at Sapnap, is that the one you consider the one checking on the materials?" (y/n) asked

Sapnap has his face full of snow and is currently rolling around with it.

"hmm... Maybe techno can"

Techno was also rolling around in the snow, having the best time of his life, even made a cannonball speech.

"uh... Only the decent ones are out... Hmm.."

"dad... It'll be fine, I promise"
(y/n) hummed softly/lightly.

"really? The snow is kind of deep though..." dice said as he observed the snow outside.

"is that you stating I'm small?" (y/n) asked.

"what? No, it's just..."

"dice, let her..." Lucifer said as he placed a hand on his back, "she can handle herself, (y/n) is a big strong girl now aren't you?"

"yup! I can handle a little bit of snow. The worst that can happen is a hail storm, that's why I need to go check up on the materials and move them into the thermal warehouse to prevent them from getting damaged, along with the artists and performers for the festival" she explained.

"well..." dice staggered before sighing, "just be careful alright? I don't want to spend this once in a blue moon festival without you... Got it?"

"yes sir~! And you can count on me to fix the anomalies! I'm out~" (y/n) said before getting stopped again

"wait, here..." Dice wrapped her neck with a red, fluffy, warm scarf, "it'll keep you warm... Goodluck" he smiled

"okay dad... I'm off" (y/n) nods and left.

"you two raised quite a fighter..." puffy hums as she drank her tea.

"I feel kinda bad... It's her third day in the island and we already have work for her...? It's kinda unfair" dice sighs.

"don't be hun," Lucifer cupped his cheek making him lean against his hand and look at him, "(y/n) can handle anything, it be a storm by the sea or a raging thunder, you just gotta trust (y/n) that she'll be fine... And besides, those morons out there can't even get to the warehouse before forgetting why they're there"

"you're right... I just hope she'll be fine..." Dice hums

"don't hope, trust her. (y/n) is one that never breaks someone's trust, trust her and she won't break it" Lucifer ruffled his hair and grabbed his hand, "come on it's our week off... You gotta relax, right after this festival, back to work again"

Lucifer pulled dice beside him and made him sit down

"I'm ready for work if anything..." he sighs, "I even doubt (y/n) will let us work"

"haha, her point being is that we're old" Lucifer laughs

"yeah, that. Too.... Why does she always point out our age... Goddammit" dice sighed

"why? How old are you?" law asked.

"fifty five..." dice sighed

"what? I thought you're just... Forty-"

"thousand."

"what?"

"I'm fifty five thousand years old..." dice sighed as Lucifer hummed.

"one decade of your life is me courting you" Lucifer huffed and crossed his arms

"haha, we're both immortal, a decade is a month to me" dice laughs.

"how about you three? How old are you?"

"I don't specifically remember but I'm older than her" Lucifer said and pointed to Kristen.

"I'm 129 thousand years old..." Kristen answers as she sips her coffee peacefully.

"I'm a hundred years old, and bad is ninety-nine thousand..." puffy answered.

"you're all immortal, so does that mean that they're...?"

"oh, no... They won't be immortal yet, we're formal humans so it's only natural that our children be mortals before they die and be immortal forever" Lucifer explained.

"is that so? She's twenty two..." law hums.

"yes, that is correct. She's twenty two, heh... Oh how the world goes by for humans... I remember ever since she was a baby, barely able to do anything and now... She's a fearless woman, and an independent one at that... Haha" dice said.

Law hums.

"you know, my time as an immortal being gave me the realization that... Life is short... But death is longer" dice says.

"that's why if you wanna ask her out, ask her out now. You can't return to the past, nor move forward to the future, your past can never change but your future will... Based on your action in the present" Lucifer advised.

"ask her out?" Kristen, puffy, and dice asks.

"oops... Sorry man"

"it's alright... They didn't hear it though, did they?" law asks and looked at his crew who was now waging war on the white snow, "no... I don't think they did"

"heh, dear... If you ask her out, don't give her chocolates, nor flowers... Give her poems or any literature that she can always go over... (y/n) has a... Love for people who does that" Kristen advised.

"poems...?"

"yeah... I remember, a good poem strikes the heart, in this case, she's like that..." dice hummed.

"really? I'll keep that in mind then"

"and also, if you were to ask her for dinner, make sure it's a normal date, you would think that she'd want a fancy one, (y/n) is so simple she just want a simple date..." puffy hummed.

"despite the riches she's broke" law laughs.

"so you know? Haha, well... We always give her money, minimum of those would be about ten thousand, (y/n) would simply return it... She says she wants money she earned... Not ones that are given, she set her priorities straight for herself" dice said

"if that isn't convenient" law laughed.