Ch. 5

3rd pov

A few months went by as they reached another island, to (y/n), ikkaku seemed... Distant...

So does shachi and klione.

But she doesn't give a damn.

They arrived at another island, namingly 'canonberaur island'

"why is the name so hard to pronounce...?" law groaned

(y/n) only hummed before shrugging

"I heard it's blood moon festival there..." (y/n) mumbled.

"what?" law asked

"blood moon festival, it's a festival for the blood moon more harvest, so in extent, free everything... Even alcohol" (y/n) hummed

"really?!" penguin reupts.

"yeah and it's the home of Farcia family winery as well... So, win-win?" (y/n) asked, herself mostly.

"wooh! And I heard that island is huge! We might need to check into a hotel though..." shachi explains.

"oh, the hotels are booked... This time of month, they're all gone. Oh well," (y/n) shrugs.

"how do you know?" law asks.

"that's my home island, I know every crook and cranny that place has... Maybe we can stay at my parents' place for a while it's in the heart of the island though..." (y/n) hummed

"really? We can...?" a crew mate asks.

"if my parents will say yes, then sure. We can... I even doubt them saying no..." (y/n) grumbled the last part.

"yeah! We get to experience local cuisine...!"

"if captain says so" (y/n) said, killing the mood entirely.

"ugh. Fine" law rolled his eyes.

Later...

"I'll meet my parents first" (y/n) hummed and sets off before going back

"never mind, they already knew" (y/n) said.

"what do you mean?" law asks

"they said to meet them in the casino, the casino I worked at" law hummed and nods.

"okay..." he shrugs.

Later....

(y/n) dressed so causal with a white long-sleeved polo shirt, black pants, and black boots.

"why so casual?" law asks as (y/n) tied on a red tie.

"because I can, can't I?" (y/n) asked as she tied her hair into a low ponytail.

Law hummed as (y/n) walked a little further ahead of them.

The city was amazing at night.

The lights, the sounds, and even the view was, and always will be, Chefs kiss!

(y/n) hums lightly as they walked to the south east part from the heart of the island.

"(y/n)-San, what is... What are the rules here?" ikkaku asks.

"the rules? Like other countries and islands, but... There are some things you should know"

"like..?" law hummed.

"like how this place is organized"

"organized...? What do you mean? Like- district from district?" ikkaku asks.

"yeah, districts here are formed by a ring, the outer ring is one first seen, it has the industrial and commercial buildings, the middle ring serves as a leisure activities... Like spas, cinemas, theaters... And such" she hummed.

"and the last ring?"

"that's where the residential houses are. That's why my parents' house is in the heart of the island." she explained.

"I see... So, right now, how does one determine which ring they're in?" law asks.

"by the surroundings" (y/n) hushed them as they noticed they ein a slight peaceful part now.

"the industrial ring is noisy, because of shop keepers, owners, vendors, and alike, the leisure ring is more peaceful because it's where tired people go to, while the residential ring is cheerful in the morning and quiet at night" she explains

"I see... So we're in...?"

"yeah, and look, The casino" (y/n) hummed as she pointed towards the big mansion like casino.

It had big turrets on four sides, lights adore every angle you look at it...

Very inviting indeed.

It had many people coming in and out of the establishment, dressed in casual, fancy, extraordinary, and even extravagant clothing...

The crew felt.... Out of place when they went inside.

The inside was huge! It looked way, WAY, bigger on the inside.

On the floor they just entered had tables, lounge areas, and waiters serving food and drinks, a large stage where someone sings such a beautiful tune, and from there, is an overhang and stairs that lead you to the floor underneath where the gambling stuff are at, a big, nested chandelier decorated the ceiling as beautifully crafted paintings were hung on almost every wall, the color of the walls itself was gold yellow while the floors were polished to perfection showing off its white hue.

"wow..." was all the crew can say making (y/n) hum softly.

"let's head to the vip area," (y/n) hummed as she lead them through the crowd and entered a very big and spacious elevator as (y/n) pressed the buttons

The doors closed and they felt it moving upwards.

"you know the best thing about this island?" she hums as law asked what it is, "this island isn't government owned, meaning, marines, the government, and even celestial dragons can't act up here... They'll be treated as normal people, not ones with rankings, higher ups, and not gods"

"oh? So... Who owns the island?"

"Farcia family, duh. This island is the home of their winery, after all" (y/n) shrugs.

The doors then opened and revealed a long hallway.

They walked through a series of double doors, some had muffled sounds inside and some were silent, it was eerily quiet in the hallway though, it made the crew, and law, nervous.

(y/n) then reached two doors that were labeled 'room 504'

She knocked three times before opening, revealing a big lounge area.

A bar on the side while in the middle was large couches, and chairs surrounding a rather big coffee table.

A big window taking up a whole wall while a bookshelf occupied another wall to the right of the door.

"come on in, I'm pretty sure you feel out of place" (y/n) hummed as the crew went in

"it's just... This place is so luxurious, we never had anything like this before... So..." shachi hums as they looked around the room.

"why hello there everyone"