Ch. 10

3rd pov

"what?"

"I mean... Do you like him romantically, I mean.... I'm not prying into your personal life or anything noooo" he grumbled

(y/n) scoffed before grabbing the art work files from him.

"artists from snezhaya... Hmm... Ahh they stay at bee n' boo... Let's go" (y/n) said before humming.

"what do you mean by that? Do I like him romantically? Maybe?" (y/n) hummed as they entered the huge hotel that has yellow and dark crimson red stripes.

"I'm serious, I'm actually serious (y/n)" sapnap said as the receptionist told them to sit in the lounge as she calls one of them over.

"oh you are? Maybe... Like I said, maybe I do? I don't really know... Honestly" (y/n) shrugs as she nods at the artist who just arrived, "can we talk about it later?" (y/n) whispered to Sapnap and he nodded.

(y/n) and the said artist discussed the theme for this year's event

The theme was all about peace and prosperity, this is what the artist could understand.

"yes... Are you able to finish it next week? I know it's quite hard, but you can bring it over to the publishing house later for official printing" (y/n) hummed.

"oh, no worries... We have an artist from monstadt who's actually quite fast" the artist said proudly.

"who? Mr. Calx? That's awesome, please proceed with the orders and instructions provided by the king, we shall now be going to discuss the festival with the others, now if you may... Excuse us please" she bowed politely once she stood up.

Sapnap mirrored her as the artist did so as well

"now where were we?" (y/n) asked once they left the hotel and went to the stocking warehouse to check at the materials.

"do you like him?"

"oh, that... Well, maybe, my answer is maybe, maybe I do... I don't actually quite understand your word of 'romantic'... So, maybe?"

"reeeaalllyyy.... Says the one who had sparkle in their eyes when she made him laugh a bit"

"oh shut the fuck up. I think he doesn't even feel like it" (y/n) scoffed, "why do ask by the way? Are you jealous~?"

"to tell you the truth, I am... I truly am" he sighs, "I mean... I rarely see you anymore and once you're with that... Big dumb hunk... You could change..." he mumbled making (y/n) hum and bump her shoulder to his.

"hey, it's been two years now, and I haven't changed... I will never change... And besides, you're like a brother to me, no one can ever replace you." she hummed, "remember that, okay?" she smiled at him making him huff and smile back.

"okay... I believe you" he nodded.

"alright... I remember it's winter season here, there might be snow tomorrow, it'll be exciting!"

"yeeeaaaahhhh!!"

.......

"hey law, mind playing chess with me?" Lucifer invited as he leaned against the doorframe of the recreation room.

"sure, but I do mind you, I'm not pretty good at it, I rarely play it" law said as he got up from the couch

"oh please, nonsense. Come now," Lucifer hummed.

They played by the castle balcony, right lighting, right ventilation, and good fucking view.

Moving the knight, Lucifer leaned back.

"say, I know my daughter gets bored so easily, does she ever proclaim how bored she is?" he asks as law moved a pawn.

"sometimes... Most of the time, you can find (y/n)-ya by my office, helping me with various work... I just let her or else she'd annoy me to extraordinary lengths" law rolled his eyes making Lucifer laugh and moved a pawn.

"ahh yes, here (y/n) would just walk around with Sapnap if she doesn't have anything to do, most of the time, she handles the casino, but... Not everyday the casino needs managing" Lucifer answered

Law hummed as he used the pawn to destroy the knight.

"you're pretty good at this law, heh, I used to play with my daughter and she always wiped me off." Lucifer Laughed as he moved a pawn.

"oh, this? (y/n)-ya actually taught me how to play, she also demonstrated how to strategize against opponents" he chuckled and moved.

"I see... What else did she teach you?"

"some survival skills... Oddly enough she silently makes fun of me not being able to swim" law grumbled as Lucifer laughed after moving his pawn.

"little do you know, she can't swim either" Lucifer laughs

"no way"

"yep."

"holy shit..."

"you like my daughter, do you?" Lucifer asks

"huh? What...?"

"I asked if you like my daughter... Certainly the only answer that question has is yes or no"

Law grumbled for a while as he watched Lucifer move a rook.

"yeah... Maybe a little bit..."

"not entirely? Don't lie to me boy..." Lucifer hummed.

"I mean... She painted you to me as the over protective parent..."

"haha, you got mixed... I'm the chill parent while Dice is the overly dramatic and protective parent..." Lucifer laughs...

"is that so? Then... I'm gonna be honest," he moved his bishop, "yeah... I kinda like her... She's so wonderful... She doesn't realize it"

"heh, what qualifies to you as 'wonderful'? Surely you have ideal traits for a girlfriend..." Lucifer hummed as he thinks about the next move.

"I have... And she has all of them, she can fight for her own, she's very independent, she works very hard, and damn... She's strong too... And the charm she always had, I think she's a temptress" law hummed as Lucifer chuckled.

He moved the rook to be in front of his bishop.

"you like your women strong and independent I see? Haha... (y/n) is just like dice when he was her age..." Lucifer hummed.

"really?" law asks

"yup. I didn't know what pulled me in that day, but... At that moment, Dice was the strongest, the most independent, the most skilled, and most charming person I have ever met... And I don't ever regret kissing the guy" Lucifer smirked

Law hummed as he used his bishop to pull away and instead destroy his other knight.

"is that so...? Heh, by that description, I guess she's like him, too..." law smiled as Lucifer moved the rook and destroyed one of his pawn only for him to unleash the other bishop and destroy the rook.

"hey! Is that even fair?!" Lucifer yelled.

"of course it is.... And look, you're checkmate" law hummed

"no fucking way... Are you (y/n)'s incarnation?!" law just laughed